FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish finder  (Read 1088 times)

marvinnielsen

Fish finder
« on: Feb 10, 2022, 02:02 AM »
I need to buy fish finder for kayak, is there any body who used to fishing on kayak please help me out to buy a good one.

taxid

Re: Fish finder
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2022, 07:39 PM »
You can use any fish finder on your kayak.  It just depends on which brand you prefer and how much you want to spend. Your kayak manufacturer may actually recommend a unit, and have a special port for that unit's transducer. My Hobie recommends a Lowrance but I went with a Humminbird, so had to do some alterations of the transducer port mount. At the time I didn't see the point of buying another unit when I could swap back and forth my main boat unit.

Your considerations are:

1. How you will mount the transducer. Special port for transducers on some kayaks with others you have to adhere the transducer on the inside of the hull bottom. Or clamp it on to the side of the kayak temporarily.

2.  A secure mount to hold your unit on the boat for easy viewing.

The idea is to run your power cord and transducer line as much as possible inside the kayak.

Lots of good DIY videos on Youtube.

(I have since changed the cart to fit into the scupper holes for a more secure hold when pulling. I found this much more secure than strapping the kayak on.) 

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.