FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just Got Back From Gander MTN.  (Read 7913 times)

Utes

Re: Just Got Back From Gander MTN.
« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:57 AM »
Man, I can feel where you guys are coming from. I was in Minnasota recently for a wrestling tornament and went to the Cabela's store.OUCH, I beleive that was the only match I lost.LOL That place is absolutly amazing.I think i'm in trouble if and when the bass pro shop opens. But then again it's suppose to be in Buffalo so it probably won't even happen. Promises- Promises- Promises.

acsacmboy

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2004, 10:01 AM »
Dicks sporting goods was a start. when galyans opened up, we all moved to galyans. now since gander mnt. has opened up, we all moved there. now that the bass pro shops is opening up, we will all move there. a gradual increase in quality. they didnt want to have guys walk into bass pro shops and get a heart attack with the great selection and value(even tho you come out walking how many hundred shorter ;D)
Randy Mason
FLCC 09' Fisheries Technology major

venisonman

« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2004, 12:22 PM »
Acsacmboy,       
Are you kidding me! Bass pro is a step up from Gander???...........Oh boy I am in trouble when they open in Auburn! I'm from Syracuse and make a monthly trip to Rochester to go to Gander. Now that Bass Pro is half as far away, I'll have to go twice a month or more. The only other reason I had to go to Rochester was Krispy Kreme. We now have one of those in Syracuse.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

kodiak73

« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2004, 12:45 PM »
i have yet to venture into that gander mtn in tonawanda ....i have never been scared of anything ....but now i have read this post and and forget it u guys all scared me away ...plenty of things i could use for my boat thanks guys ...maybe i can grow some curage and try this in an off season  ....AAAHH dam i do it all so that leaves me with no off season ...now what!!!!!!!!!!

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2004, 01:31 PM »
as for the gander in tonawanda... not sure of the accuracy of this, bud my friend QFLIES went there. i got him a gift cert. for xmas... he said he had wished he went to henrietta for what he need. said that tonawanda was smaller, didnt have what he needed but henrietta did and the store was very dirty in appearence and the help was not very helpful. as i said, im not 100% to the fact of this but we both went to henrietta after it opened and what a store, so then he expected similar in tonawanda but instead was very unimpressed! has anyone else been to both to compare?

Fish Stick

• Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.
« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:00 PM »
I went to the Henrietta store today, just "to look around". Well - 3 rods, one reel and $155.00 later I left.

My wife just told me we have to go Henrietta tomorrow, guess I just might have to look around some more. :D

By the way, they had some Shimano spinning reels on clearance.  I bought a Sedona 2000RA for $29.99. The cheapest I could find it on-line was $47.99. I think I'll buy another one on Monday.
If your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails.

baginwal

• MFF Mod Team
  • No Politics Just Fish!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2004, 11:49 AM »
Guys,
If you love Gander.................DO NOT visit Cabelas (Hamburg, PA).  I too loved Gander (Scranton, PA), but after going to Cabelas.........forget it!  Cabelas has everything and I mean everything you could want for hunting, fishing and camping.  The displays alone would take hours to see.  Their aquairums are incredible!  If you go.............leave the wife home!!   ;D

mike VDM

« Reply #22 on: Mar 16, 2004, 06:58 PM »
The first mistake I made was going in the store and the second was bringing the wife!  She spends more than me every time we go in!  I have been to the Cabela's in Charlotte and the Bass pro in Nashville and I would be in trouble if those were within a few hours drive from here!  They are a great guys day trip!

Mike

jbstar19

« Reply #23 on: Mar 16, 2004, 11:11 PM »
yeh, my girlfriend loves it too, my birthday falls on oct. 4th, (eleven days before bow season). a couple $100.00 gift certificates and we're both happy campers. Easy choice for her and free toys for me!!!

bigdave1018

« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2004, 03:50 PM »
yo venisonman, i lived for 45 plus years in syracuse and hated every min. that i was there. i just moved to wolcott and i have a place almost on lk ontario. syracuse was a nice city but it turned into a real sh-t hole. to much white and black trash for me!!!!!!!!. i like walmart and cant wait for bps to open in auburn on 6/20. gander mt. is just an over priced tackle shop. i did better on prices in many other stores. well theres my dimes worth tks for listening to me tight lines.

Onemorecast

« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2004, 06:21 PM »
I walked in with a fat wallet and walked out thinking I may need to get a part time job.  Feel like a kid in a candy store everytime in there.

venisonman

« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2004, 05:51 PM »
Hey bigdave1,

Yeah you are right about the city in alot of ways.  The burbs are somewhat better, though.

Wolcott? That's a good place for a fishing addict! a good friend of mine grew up there. Good outdoorsman.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Seaduck

« Reply #27 on: Mar 21, 2004, 06:51 PM »
I have Gander shopping down to a system.  I walk in and hand them my credit card and tell them,"Stop me when it hits the limit."  Works every time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.