FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OVERHARVESTING THE SMALLPONDS AND LAKES,fish poachers  (Read 2166 times)

bigdave1018

Cazenovia lk comes to mine real quick. ive heard numerous stories about fish poachers taking huge numbers of bass before season and always at dark. 1 year 2 guys were caught in port bay with a pickup bed full of spawning walleyes. take a few smaller fish for the table, but try and practice c + r on the smaller lks. remember the only way to keep these healthy waters going is to not overharvest.your kids and grandkids want a chance to catch the fish of a life time to.

perchslayer25

Re: OVERHARVESTING THE SMALLPONDS AND LAKES,fish poachers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2004, 05:34 AM »
I totally agree with this...but my question is....why are all other seasons open when the fish start to spawn Ex. samon-perch-bass etc. but not walleye
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

bigdave1018

Re: OVERHARVESTING THE SMALLPONDS AND LAKES,fish poachers
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2004, 06:40 AM »
different fish spawn at different times. the dec has close seasons to protect the females and give them a chance to spawn. i remember 1 year the regs. for walleyes was written up wrong in the phoenix area and made them open all year. the slob fishers took advantage behind the old paper mill pool and literly destroyed the big sow eyes. im talking many in the 5-10 lb range mostly egg laden females. i guy that i worked with was in on it and was taking lottsa eyes everyday.its a shame that there is closed seasons and limits on how many or what size but we can all thank the greedy s.o.b.s for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.