FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missinnawa river update  (Read 1010 times)

bigr

Missinnawa river update
« on: Apr 16, 2018, 04:04 AM »
Crappie and White bass are on the move up stream. Fishing over the weekend was very good for the few that fished up river. Big white bass in good numbers and crappie moved in as the days went on. Slack areas for crappie and current and slack areas for the white bass. To my surprise the water conditions stayed very good all weekend and showed no signs of much change from the rains. I expect this cold snap will slow the progression of the run but with a few warm sunny days fishing should continue for a few weeks. Mostly black crappie and most were males as of this weekend. Nice fat healthy fish in the 10 to 13 inch range. Foot deep under a bobber. Black/chartruess tubes. White bass rooster tails/spinners. With luck rains will stay away and the corp of eng can get resi back down below summer pool where they want it for this time of yr and more areas will open up for shore fishing. Those planning a kayak or canoe trip/float the next couple weeks will be good for all spiecies. Watch for my updates and the weather.     

TennesseeFreeze

Re: Missinnawa river update
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2018, 04:05 PM »
He speaks the truth Fishpeople! Bigr is the good stuff!  Jalapa flats, Hogsback, 688, 1812, the bend behind Aveendale, The spillway in Marion(The dead end). Whitebass hammering hard, they push upriver just before the Crappie put on the feed bag! Prepare for paper lips, here come the slabs Ya'll!! :laugh:

bigr

Re: Missinnawa river update
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2018, 04:03 AM »
Conditions changed over night. River is now much higher and muddier than over weekend. Apparently it takes about two days for water upstream to effect fishing area. I think same process will take place as far as it going back down. Level and clarity will improve daily and high water during this cold snap won't hurt run and may actually help. Hope for a string of drier and warmer sunnier days and we should be right back at it. Stay tuned.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.