FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Top water lures for pike?  (Read 18078 times)

Logan Johnson

Re: Top water lures for pike?
« Reply #30 on: Jun 05, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I like to use a frog (plastic not real), it is kind of a plug type thing, I use it mainly near islands or a place where it is shallow with lots of week cover.

Big Burk

« Reply #31 on: Aug 25, 2006, 02:44 AM »
buzzbaits hands down but frogs work well too. just got a few poppers gonna try them out tomorrow night

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #32 on: Aug 25, 2006, 09:44 AM »
I see there are many of good top water lures out there,I might have to  purchase few of the ones everyone mentoned and try them out this year.;D
I have seen on fishing shows guys fly fishing for pike, have any of you ever tried pike that way? If so I bet that was a blast.:)

Water Wolf

One of my first fly fishing trips every year is for pike.  I continue to fly fish for them until the water warms and they head deep.  I love it both for the fish themselves, and because it starts as soon as you can get a boat pushed in over the remaining ice.  And because I almost always have the water to myself.  I love late ice pike, but it's always nice to get out and cast for the first time in a year, especially when I was ice fishing a week or two previous to that.

The standard topwater fly, at least for me, is the Dahlberg Mega-diver.  Here's one of mine.

I usually fish out of my kickboat early in the year because it's easier to get up in the skinny water where the fish are around here.  They can be a real handful, but it's a blast! 8)
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #33 on: Aug 25, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Neat fly xrhino, it looks kind of like a bleeding mouse. 8)

Good luck with the poppers Big Burk. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #34 on: Aug 25, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Neat fly xrhino, it looks kind of like a bleeding mouse. 8)

Good luck with the poppers Big Burk. :)

WW

Mice work great too, but the mega-diver is about eight iches long -- for the big girls!   ;D
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.