FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I was olny about 9 at the time.  (Read 6361 times)

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
I was olny about 9 at the time.
« on: Apr 04, 2008, 06:16 PM »
I was at our families yearly camping lake. Lake Fannyhoe, in the UP(upper michigan). We fished rainbows from shore with a simple bobber and crawler rig that would regulsrly produce 15inchers.
I had a hand me down rod and real that I have no idea of it's age but it was old and the drag didin't work.
Well the bobber went down and I set the hook. 
My dad must have had some pretty good line on that rod because the rod bent over and the real that worked perfectly fine up to that point wouldn't real dew to the weight of the fish.
I think I yelled out help a couple of times and then I climbed the 4 foot bank behind me and started up thought the camp sites behind me with the pole.
That got peoples attention.
They went to the bank to watch what I was towing in and my anxiety grew.
They said stop and I waited patiently until they landed the fish that was close to the shore.
Once my father had the fish in hand I was called to the shore.
I had caught a 25" sucker that we would soon release.
My mother still remembers 27 years ago as her son ran up the bank and through a campsite to land a fish.

natorious

Re: I was olny about 9 at the time.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Lake Fanny Hooe, nice lake, i live in Calumet and did alot of ice fishing there this past winter.  All we catch are splake and a few walleye though.  Id love to pull out some bows'.  How long ago were you catching em' outta fanny hooe?

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2008, 08:47 PM »
This was back in the mid 80's. Havn't been there since those camping trips with the family when I was young.

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:47 PM »
sounds like my yearly trip to twin lakes in SE idaho, plenty of 'gills, perch, bass, rainbows, and the fish and game just stocked some crappie that are multiplying quickly and gaining size fast namely they stock fingerlings two summers ago, this last summer i caught an 11" slab.

Grumpyoldman

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Dat's a good story MudnFun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.