FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wierd encounter  (Read 23538 times)

miket.

• hard core
Re: wierd encounter
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2008, 06:41 AM »
yep, i don"t keep anything for the tank anymore. i did one year and thought the wife was gonna kill me when i got home from work, i put a bass in my tank that was very small which in turn sucked down about 5 hundred dollars of the wifes expensive fish. now i am divorced!!! now when i see her i always ask her "you wanna eat" the bass had to be released .
hard core fanatic!

Goonloon

« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2008, 11:15 PM »
hey miket,

that must have been a really cool thing to watch...funny uz i took my mum out fishing for the first time just the other day and this happened........

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2008, 06:57 AM »
it was cool to watch except now like i said i am divorced.
hard core fanatic!

fish_finder

« Reply #18 on: Aug 21, 2008, 05:58 AM »
A few years ago my dad and I were fishing this beautiful lake that is full or both brook trout and big browns. I was fishing a worm and jig on a slip float in shallow water and hooked a small brookie about 5 inches long. When i was bringing it in there was a big wake and a splash, a huge brown had come up and attacked the smalll brookies and cleaned him off my hook...definetly made my heart pound, i fished that same spot all day long trying to catch that brown but i guess he was full ;D 
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #19 on: Sep 06, 2008, 09:43 PM »
way to go fish finder, i am gonna start video taping my fishing trips so when things do happen, i will be ready.
hard core fanatic!

fishermantim4

« Reply #20 on: Feb 27, 2009, 01:15 PM »
i took my girl friend out on the boat for her first time last summer drifting in the mouth of the niagara river hoping to catch a couple walleye. i let her use my good drifting pole, she had a fish on then the pole almost doubled over, i get the net out ready to net something, when i watched the fish come to the boat it spit out the 20" sheephead and swam away, it was by far the biggest pike or musky that i have ever seen, the sheephead wasnt as lucky as the pike. with teeth marks halfway up it we threw it back and it didnt swim away
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #21 on: Mar 05, 2009, 05:27 AM »
i took my girl friend out on the boat for her first time last summer drifting in the mouth of the niagara river hoping to catch a couple walleye. i let her use my good drifting pole, she had a fish on then the pole almost doubled over, i get the net out ready to net something, when i watched the fish come to the boat it spit out the 20" sheephead and swam away, it was by far the biggest pike or musky that i have ever seen, the sheephead wasnt as lucky as the pike. with teeth marks halfway up it we threw it back and it didnt swim away
:clapping:nice!
hard core fanatic!

we3jeepers

• 3 is not a crowd!!!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:44 AM »
that would be cool!!!
Mine Old Town Predator 13
G/F's:: Native Watercraft manta ray
Extra yak: 2012 Ocean Pink Venus 11
Daughter's: Old Town Heron 9XT

Marcus

« Reply #23 on: Mar 12, 2009, 05:02 PM »
That is cool . A couple of years ago on Erie we were trolling for walleyes and were doing well. My grandfather had a 17-18" eye on and brought it in close to the boat I was ready to net it when this big white mouth opened and the walleye disappeared. The fish pulled drag at a screaming and unstoppable rate for a few minutes eventually my grandfather tightened the drag and decided it is time to get this fish in. He fought it for a while and we saw it once. I assumed musky, but I was wrong it was a laker. We did not land that fish but it was HUGE it ended up spitting the walleye which had all the hooks buried in it . It was exciting definately a nice change from just reeling in boots (walleye). Also back in NH on a couple of occasions I have seen 20-22" tiger trout hit 10-12" stockie browns they are a vicious fish.

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #24 on: Mar 12, 2009, 08:30 PM »
nice, i love it when you get to see something like that live and right in front of you!
hard core fanatic!

stingdave9119

« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:32 PM »
this summer while i was canoeing down on silver lake i came across a pike roughly 30inches in length that had a walley around 20+ stuck in its mouth and both were eventually dead. its amazing what they will try to eat

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #26 on: Mar 13, 2009, 08:31 AM »
i guess if your hungry, you gotta eat! its pretty amazing though>
hard core fanatic!

leavnsorlips

« Reply #27 on: Mar 13, 2009, 12:41 PM »
i have had several instances such as this happen to me. most commonly when bluegill or perch fishin, but one that i will never forget is from a trip to minnesota. my dad and i were bluegill fishin and it was not unusual to be fightin a gill and all of a sudden wham! a northern would nail one. well this one pesky northern actually set up camp right under the boat and would come out and nail just about every gill we brought up. he actually cleared the water and absolutely shredded one as i was tryin to hurry and lift it into the boat! after dealin with this dude attackin us for a little while i decided to run a bluegill colored crankbait up to this guy and sure nuf he ate it! he only weighed bout 4 lbs but he had the attitude of a monster!!!

burck17

« Reply #28 on: Feb 25, 2016, 12:29 AM »
In Washington state on the Columbia river it is common for sealions to steal your salmon... Very frustrating because a lot of the time that will be your only fish all day. Also because they are huge and have capsized boats jumping on board trying to get to ppls fish.

Also crappie fishing in Washington I saw a crappie with about 3 inches of perch hanging out its mouth still took my jig... I had to pull the perch out so he could survive and both fish swam off...

Last story like this for me is I caught a pike in north Dakota about 30 inches on a big daredevil that had a about 20 inch pike with the hole tail sticking out of its mouth... When the one in its mouth got removed we found it was already about half digested.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.