FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: waterfront smallmouth  (Read 7040 times)

fish_finder

waterfront smallmouth
« on: Sep 09, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Well ive moved back to the city again for another school year and ive been drove absolutly nuts not getting out fishing so the other day i bought a cheap telescopic rod and a pack of jigs and today I biked down to the river.(about 10-15km). I went down to a public park on the city's waterfront where there was a large dock and boat ramp and tried it out...not expecting to catch much. After awhile i hooked a nice fat white perch but lost him when i tried to flip him onto the dock...next cast i hooked into another fish thinkin it was another perch but i was wrong...this beautiful smallmouth cleared the water...i was pumped...after a helluva battle on a little $20 - 5 foot telescopic rod and 6lb test i had a  smallie prbly about 2.5-3 lbs on shore, i wish i had brought my camera because it had great markings and was he ever fat! . Wasn't the biggest bass ive ever caught but it definetly made my day!!!! I never caught anything the rest of the day but i didn't care at all.
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

miket.

• hard core
Re: waterfront smallmouth
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2008, 10:51 AM »
way to go fish finder, those smallies give one hell of a battle.
hard core fanatic!

troutchaser

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2008, 08:03 PM »
i dont care who ya are     bass  are fun to catch

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2008, 08:25 PM »
why did you leave your gear at home? ???

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

fish_finder

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2008, 01:21 PM »
why did you leave your gear at home? ???

Wasn't plannin on having time to fish or expect to catch anything if i did try...needless to say i have all my gear now and my last trip i got 3 bass, 2 smaller ones and another decent size one, going fishing down there has become a weekly routine since i have tuesdays off from school 8)
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.