FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: best fishing day ever  (Read 8339 times)

tom1234505

• 17 years old
best fishing day ever
« on: May 02, 2009, 05:11 PM »
I have told this story many times and even on a few school projects. so you may want to grab a cup of tea, a nice comfy chair(if your PC chair isn't comfortable) sit back, and read, cause this story isn't a quick one. (this is exactly the way i told this on a school project earlier this year... enjoy!)(i copied and pasted the whole project actually, and it was a memoir and had to list every detail, so it may sound a little weird)

It all started on that beautiful day, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the stream flowing. Yes this is about fishing, and I think you all will enjoy it.  As my Uncle Don stopped the red Hyundai Elantra, with leather seats and the smell of coffee grounds as our worm food, I stepped out of the car. I grabbed my fishing pole, put a worm on the hook, and dropped my line. I didn’t need to throw it out because the stream went under the road where we were and was flowing right out in front of me. All of a sudden, BAM, a fish hit and the fight was on. When I got him to shore I found out that he was a 12” cutthroat Trout, also known as Cutts’. Boy was he ever a pretty fish with red and silver on the side of him and the two stripes of red under his chin like all cutthroats do (hence their name). Fortunately, you could keep 3 of them per person. I put him/her in a bag and dropped my worm again. BAM another fish hit. This time it was a 14” Cutt’. I put him in the bag like the first one and put a new worm on and dropped it in the stream. This continued for about 30 min when we changed spots. All total in that spot, I caught about 10 Cutts’.
After my uncle drove me to another spot I put my line out, let the bobber drift around in the pool when I caught a fish. Only about 5” but it was still fun. I went downstream a little bit further and caught one about the same size, then another when my Uncle yelled “Tom lets go to another spot. I know where there is big fish.” Little did I know that this spot was below a dam where it does hold BIG and I do mean BIG fish.
After the short drive there I casted my line in, let the bobber drift in the pool in the stream. Around and around it went until BAM! SPLASH! This was a big Cutt’ and when I got to shore it turned out to be an 18” Cutt’. I kept at this for about 2-3 hours when we decided to start out at the first spot. All total we now had 6 fish in the bag because there were two of us. We caught about 35 fish total including the large fish, and the two or three small ones.
As we headed back to the first spot we saw a few gopher hunters that didn’t get anything because they just started .As we pulled up to the first spot I saw a Cutt’ raise for some bug in the water. Excited I got my fishing pole, rebaited my hook and let the fish take it. Turned out to be a 16” Cutt’, a pleasure to see, as any fisherman or fisherwoman would say. We, as in I, caught 4 more after this which made about 40 Cutts’. As we headed back for home with a faint smell of dead fish, I thought about this day, the beauty, the fish, and how to cook these fish. It was fun, but couldn’t last forever, as every fisherman or fisher woman would know.
When I got home I cleaned the fish and stuck em’ in the freezer and 5 days later I ate a few of them. Boy were they ever good! I really loved eating them because of the memory that went with it.

hope you all enjoyed it!
tight lines(like i had this day)
Tom

<br /><br />

niagarajiggin

• Keep Your Rods Bent !!
Re: best fishing day ever
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:27 PM »
 :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:

boy if only more people could feel that way for just one day...they'd also be hooked
Keep Your Rods Bent !!!           
NYFOA Member
Master Forest Owner

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2009, 07:03 AM »
sounds like a great day.

woodfolks

• woodfolks.com
« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2009, 07:49 PM »
great day

RLWagner

• Rock-Bassin-Assasin!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2009, 12:30 PM »
WTG :tipup:
Look...Is it a plane? train? a speeding bullet? ...No...it's a Rock Bass!http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u61/RLWagner/th_5d7a43d1.jpg[/img][/URL]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.