FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best fishing buddy pranks!  (Read 33391 times)

MONSTERQUEST

Best fishing buddy pranks!
« on: Mar 28, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Were out lake trout fishing after one fine shore lunch,it was very warm and calm so we were just soaking some sucker belly on jigs floating around in deep water. Well soon enough my partner is sawing some serious logs. Low and behold under my feet is a spare anchor i keep in my boat and I figure when opportunity knocks open the door,I got a hold of his line and pulled it into the boat and hooked er up,he had about 20 feet of line out and we were in about 110 feet of water.I slipped his re-baited jig in and let her go.I was truly amazed at my friends reaction time in grabbing his rod out of its holder from a dead sleep.Oh what a power run this trout did,headed strait for the bottum and wedged itself into a rock crevice,snap goes the line and the trophy is gone.He looked over at me and says I don't think its to funny, (I was LMAO) I'll  bet that trout was 50 pounds,I told him I've seen twelve pounders do that,he still tells the story of the giant trout of second cranberry lake.Was well worth the spare anchor.

monkeyman2269

Re: Best fishing buddy pranks!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2010, 07:53 PM »
one day me and my buddys were bullhead fishing and after a few beers my buddy did the usual thing said im goin to take a leak and grab another beer so i said ok off he went well i found a fake hand in a building we were tearing down it was in my chair so i realed in his rod and hooked ot casted it back out. 5 min later he came down asked if he had any bites i said ya man real tug but i havent seen in move latly. so bout 10 min goes buy and he reals it in and when i saw he fell out his seat rolled down into the water it was buy far the funnest thing i ever saw. ya i had to find a ride home but he laughed it off now lol

JDiperrio

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2010, 08:43 PM »
one day me and my buddys were bullhead fishing and after a few beers my buddy did the usual thing said im goin to take a leak and grab another beer so i said ok off he went well i found a fake hand in a building we were tearing down it was in my chair so i realed in his rod and hooked ot casted it back out. 5 min later he came down asked if he had any bites i said ya man real tug but i havent seen in move latly. so bout 10 min goes buy and he reals it in and when i saw he fell out his seat rolled down into the water it was buy far the funnest thing i ever saw. ya i had to find a ride home but he laughed it off now lol

:laugh: that is a great idea for bullhead fishing at night where I go it is in the middle of the woods with just railroad tracks around it.
John

fisherhahn

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2010, 06:42 PM »
I like to get ahold of of someone else's setup before we go out and take off about 20ft of line and cut it.  Then wrap it all back up again.  First cast...bye bye spinnerbait!  I've been doing it for over 10 years.  I rotate it between the 10 guys that go on our annual fishing trip.  They still don't know who is to blame.  Had to do it to mayself once to throw everyone off.  I made sure I had a cheap jig on first.....

monkeyman2269

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2010, 09:02 PM »
haha i would kick your ass  :D

bmxrider11976

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2010, 09:04 PM »
I like to get ahold of of someone else's setup before we go out and take off about 20ft of line and cut it.  Then wrap it all back up again.  First cast...bye bye spinnerbait!  I've been doing it for over 10 years.  I rotate it between the 10 guys that go on our annual fishing trip.  They still don't know who is to blame.  Had to do it to mayself once to throw everyone off.  I made sure I had a cheap jig on first.....

yup done that one before. i did it to my buddys rod. of course the day he left his tackle box at home and was usin my spinner. flips the bail, makes the cast and fling! bye bye spinner! luckily it was a cheapo one, as i didnt trust him with a nice one anyways. i still got a good laugh out of it!
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

JCFISH0314

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Definately going to do the cut line gimmick! Thats funny and almost heartbreaking depending on what they are about to toss into the drink.

allthumbs

« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2010, 09:07 AM »
i heard pink and green nightcrawlers work as well

Bigcatch81

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2010, 07:50 PM »
It started out as a prank and then ended up really bad. 2 friends of mine and I went out catfishing. Every time one of them would go into the woods to go take a leak we would throw stuff at them. Always scared the crap out of them. One of them decided to go take a number 2. This time we didn't throw anything but he thought we were. All of a sudden we hear him scream and curse as hes running with his pants down. He encountered a skunk fell down in his crap got sprayed and ended up with poisen ivy in places that a man would never want it. He hasn't been back to fish with us ever since. Never laughed so hard in my life.

pikie

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2010, 01:53 PM »
And I've been trying to go catfishing for a while with you....I better watch out if I ever get the chance :)

Zorros shack

• This account is closed.
« Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2010, 02:58 PM »
It started out as a prank and then ended up really bad. 2 friends of mine and I went out catfishing. Every time one of them would go into the woods to go take a leak we would throw stuff at them. Always scared the crap out of them. One of them decided to go take a number 2. This time we didn't throw anything but he thought we were. All of a sudden we hear him scream and curse as hes running with his pants down. He encountered a skunk fell down in his crap got sprayed and ended up with poisen ivy in places that a man would never want it. He hasn't been back to fish with us ever since. Never laughed so hard in my life.

d**n that is a horrible thing! And poison ivy plus skunk and a #2!!!!  :pinch:

1fish@atime

« Reply #11 on: Jun 16, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Have a friend who is a gadget man. Go Go Gadget fishing equipment.
He bought these line sensors for bank fishing. So a couple weeks in he had used them for browns and rainbows, have to say worked pretty well. As long as my brother wasn't shooting at stuff with his pistol. You could hear the beep pretty well. So he thought man they would work real well for bullhead. So the afternoon we were going I stuck a spool of black thread in my tackle box. We got set up, he went to find some firewood and yes I tied up a thread to each pole. He was walking back with an armload of wood, little twitch and BEEEEPPPP! He throws the wood runs to the pole and sets the hook. Reels like mad and HMMMM nothin.
So out it goes. He goes after more wood and I started the fire. Hes coming back ....Twitch...BEEEPPP!
Wood flying run and set the hook!! Reel like mad and Dang it nothin again. After this one he is mumbling to himself, God darn things, spent 50 bucks on these pieces of crap, must be a short or somethin. I've got to go take a leak before I lose it. All set up again and there I get a bite and land a bullhead. OK there in here we go. Fifteen minutes later I look over and he has his chair leaned back and eyes closed...TWITCH both poles... Man what a screech!! No not the alarms, He flung himself forward and you guessed it splash!!Face first in the lake.
I was laughing for three days... Funny those alarms disappeared somewhere never to be seen again. Sometimes your just better off going minimal. More gadgets mean more things for people to screw with.

jtk2

« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2010, 05:15 PM »
we went ice fishing and my buddy was on the phone for like 20 mins with his girlfriend so we went up to a trap while he wasnt looking flipped up the flag and tied the laddle to the line. we walked away waited a min and yelled flagg!! he turned and ran to the trap and started pullin it up. he was freaking out then got upset when the thing fighting so hard was a laddel. it works well because when u pull it up it starts spinning like a fish is fighting.
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

The Polish Pirate

« Reply #13 on: Jul 29, 2010, 09:43 PM »
When ice fishing, I usually get a few guys a season by waiting for them to move away from their rod(s) and taking the biggest fish caught for the day (perch, crappie, walleye, northern, etc..) and hooking it to their line and once I see them heading back to their set-up, I grab the rod and haul "the big one" up right as they're getting back. The look on their face is priceless .. it usually only works on the newbie to the group though .. but it's funny when it goes right !

jimmie333

• Fish On!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 03, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Picture this, We are out at the mouth of the Saco River about a mile off shore. We've caught about 5 blue fish feeding on the macs. My buddy decides the "pee can" isn't good enough for him to use so he decides to pee off the front of the boat like in the movie Titantic. As he is about half way done I get a nice hit from a blue fish, jumped up to catch the rod and heard your stupid bass-tard and a big splash. Sure enough over board he goes and is complaining that i made a sudden movement. I never laughed so hard in my life. I pretty sure I saw the first man walk on water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.