FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: No fish but still an awsome day  (Read 15659 times)

rambo51

No fish but still an awsome day
« on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Yesterday I was trying to catch some trout rainbows or browns whatever wanted to bite. So I went on the river with no bites.

So I descided to through out a hammered brass. Something I havent tried. I threw it out cranked her in slowly. And by slowly I mean barely moving. It was still swiveling and as I was bringing it in close to shore I could see it so I was watching it and I looked a little closer heres this nice brown chasing it. It was decent probably 3-4lbs so I let it drop and he smacked it but he missed and swam off.

I was real bummed but its was exciting.  So I threw out a couple more times and threw once more and reeled it in nice and slow I could see the flash from the lure and out of the darker water came this freakin brown the thing was massive probably 10lbs or more with a big ole hook jaw I almost crapped my pants. But as soon as he came in he left.

It sounds like another fish story but I believe what I saw.
I only fish on days that end in Y

vogel451

Re: No fish but still an awsome day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2012, 05:24 AM »
Sounds like there in there bud!   Its fustrating when you watch big fish follow your lure to the boat/shoreline.   Thoughs browns like early in the morning, or later in the evening.  I had a HUGE rainbow follow a one of my spoons to the boat one day trolling.  He struck at my lure twice and missed both times as i was reeling irratically.  I tryed to drop the spoon back but it was to late, he left.  Keep at it.  Post a picture when you finally catch the beast! Good luck!
-Mclovin out

OTIS

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2012, 06:52 AM »
Every time I see the fish going for my lure I jinx myself!  I either pull it away from it, or get nervous and change my retrieve and the fish loses interest.  I once almost choked on a Snickers bar while watching a huge smallmouth come up out of no where to inspect my topwater lure that was sitting there 10 feet from the boat.  That's why I perfer deep water fishing! ::)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

ebour

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Every time I see the fish going for my lure I jinx myself!  I either pull it away from it, or get nervous and change my retrieve and the fish loses interest.  I once almost choked on a Snickers bar while watching a huge smallmouth come up out of no where to inspect my topwater lure that was sitting there 10 feet from the boat.  That's why I perfer deep water fishing! ::)
hahaha sucks when stuff like that happens.

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 06:39 PM »
I bet seeing a fish that size coming in got your heart pumping.  ;D

Kokee Roberts

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 10:50 AM »
Sounds like a fine day!

oldcrappie

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:42 PM »
All that counts is that you enjoyed yourself. :laugh:

westonp

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2013, 03:00 PM »
i get about as much excitement form watching the chase as i do actually hooking a fish

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2013, 08:41 AM »
rambo51
NEVER give up.when the water is cold you have to cast your lure a LOT more times,slower,deeper
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

rambo51

« Reply #9 on: Apr 05, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Yeah I hope to one day catch a big ol brown with a hook jaw. Now is the time for them and pretty much everything that swims, god I love the spring.
I only fish on days that end in Y

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.