FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Get ready on Resi's  (Read 6001 times)

bherr24

Re: Get ready on Resi's
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2021, 09:22 PM »
Took a trip upriver around hogsback at missy today just to see if any fish were up that way yet. Water was up a little and still kinda brown from the rain. Caught 3 white bass and one crappie. Didnt see anyone else fishing.

techja

« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2021, 04:48 PM »
Caught a couple of 14.5 inch white bass this afternoon on jigs looking for crappie upstream on missy as well. Caught several 12 inch and smaller. No crappies

bigr

« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2021, 05:27 AM »
Fished missy today for first time this year. Kept 22 and threw back probably 30 or more. Water was muddy and the fish were shallow up near the banks. I fished closer to the dam and was the only person there but i heard red bridge area was good as well.
Same here. Just small white bass. I know crappie are close by. Their migration starts over night and locations change day by day. Don't be surprised to go back to same location and catch nothing but crappie today or next time you go.

bigr

« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:51 AM »
Worked the river further upstream on the missy around the jalapa battle ground area yesterday. The white bass are running in good numbers. Caught atleast 40 in several different spots. A few crappie. They havn't made it up that far yet but I'm certain a person could work the river down stream closer to the resi they would find larger numbers of both crappie and white bass. If weather permits I may work that section this evening. Predicted rain will move the fish but should get the big run going real fast. 

bherr24

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2021, 07:01 AM »
I tried yesterday in the river closer to the resi a little east of 13 and didnt find any crappie and just a couple white bass. I then tried a spot between red bridge and 13 and didnt get a bite. Water was muddier at that spot though. I did not go up to 688 area which i fished monday but i did drive by a popular spot just down from there and didnt see a single vehicle in the parking area. I almost feel like the big push of crappie didnt happen with that latest rain. Either that or there just being tight lipped. I think the lake needs to be a little higher to back up into these spots. The first spot i tried tonight was low and the big stumps i get fish off usually were not yet under water. If we get a bunch of rain i think the run will happen this time especially as they start holding water in april.

bigr

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2021, 08:37 AM »
I think your right bherr about the crappie. I fished the river around the pearson mill area a couple days ago and picked up a few small crappie and a few white bass but not the big push of fish. Everyday is different now with the warm air but the water level rising or fallen from a rain is what really drives them. I expect the big push also after the rain as long as its not followed by a real cold front. If that happens the big run may be closer to the next full moon phase. The white bass run has started with the early smaller fish. The bigger fish will follow soon but even that run will slow until the next moon phase. I think we're just a few days from it being full so after that the fish will loss their drive for awhile but the days leading up to the april full moon you can mark on your calendar. 

techja

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2021, 12:31 PM »
Caught about 12 crappie at Red Bridge this morning on jigs, only 6 were in the 10 inch range. Fished upstream missy yesterday but only caught small white bass.

indianahooker

« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2021, 06:32 PM »
i caught some crappie up river a long ways.  I pitched minnows on floats by the tube off bellville rd by hw69.  all sizes caught from 6" to 14".  kept 18 for dinner.  fished till rain got me wet.

bherr24

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2021, 08:03 PM »
I too got into some crappie today fishing just downstream from red bridge on north side. Slow bite to be sure but kept 6 fish from 10 to 12 inches and cleaned em up to give to my wifes grandfather. Water still dirty but not near as bad as it was the other day. Rainin now and radar dont look promising...guessing my next outing will be up river and there should be some fish up there then.

bigr

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2021, 05:38 AM »
I fished the reenactment area again and the white bass were stacked. Used a white 3in twister with my 8ft crappie rod. What a pull they give in the slow current. 30 to 40 all sizes but not sure I caught even one female. Still very early but they are there in good numbers when you find the spots. Just a few black crappie. We'll need some more water in the river to bring em up that far.

bigr

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2021, 09:59 AM »
Over an inch in our area as well. It will slow the bite down a few days but should really turn them on when we get back out after conditions settles.

bherr24

« Reply #26 on: Mar 27, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Took the boy over to the resi last evening..it had muddied up considerably fron the day before. We still caught fish though. Had to fish very tight to cliff walls and was just letting the chop move our jigs for us. Caught several nice black crappies. Toward dark the wind went flat calm and the bite completely shut off. To my surprise it shows online that the river up at marion barely went up at all from that rain.

indianahooker

« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2021, 11:34 AM »
what? it was up about 2 feet from few days ago. 

2LMKR2

« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Drove down yesterday ( I'm from the Albion area ) to the reenactment area. Water was really muddy, didn't see anyone else fishing . I didn't catch anything and didn't really expect to but it was a beautiful day to be out to explore and enjoy the day.

bherr24

« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2021, 09:34 AM »
what? it was up about 2 feet from few days ago.

No it wasnt. Not as of my post which was the morning of march 27th. It did go up after that though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.