FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saturday evening eyes with Grandpa Jack!  (Read 2453 times)

slipbob

Saturday evening eyes with Grandpa Jack!
« on: May 10, 2004, 09:30 AM »
Our old friend from iceshanty.com Grandpa Jack joined me on Saturday night for some walleye action at a lake in upstate New York.  It was fun and the walleyes had the feedbag on.  The funny part is of the 11 keepers I personally filleted this season only one had anything in it's stomach.  The strikes were some of the most savage walleye strikes I have had.  There was no doubt when you got a hit and if you didn't hook up the first go they would come right back and pop it again.  Grandpa Jack had a great time after a crash course in the super secret slipbob walleye fishing method.  We both limited out after fishing only 2 hours and 15 minutes.  Here's some pics.
[/img]
[/img]
Jack with one of his eyes.
[/img]
Another one for Jack.
[/img]
[/img]
The stringer is filling up.
[/img]
The end result 10 beautiful eyes and an 11" perch.
[/img]
Needless to say the usual post spawn walleye bite is raging.  If you are fishing a lake with walleyes and you aren't hooking up you are using the wrong bait or fishing the wrong spot.  Many more to come as I will be fishing a couple of times during the upcoming week.  Jack I hope you had as great of a time as I did.  Looking forward to our next fish fest.  See ya soon. ;D

Jigwiggler

Re: Saturday evening eyes with Grandpa Jack!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 09:59 AM »
Nice eyes Guys!!!  Looks like you are on to em'.  Keep it up!  Boy they are the perfiect size to keep too!  :P
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 11:50 AM »
 ;) MMMM, MMMM, MMMM, good,  :P I'm jealous, my stringer hasn't looked like that before.  :D Nice looking eater eyes. Way to go.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 11:59 AM »
Good eats Slipbob and  Jackpa!  Looks like you have the techniques down pat.

wny angler

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 01:38 PM »
 nice stringer of walleye,they must be chasing your bait right up onto shore  as hungry as they are.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.