FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lure design competition.  (Read 3145 times)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Lure design competition.
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:09 AM »
Hi all,
I have entered a lure design competition sponsered by Rapala.
I have submitted these 4 designs, and was hoping for your support.

These are the 4 designs, each with their own description.
All the designs are on a super shadow rap blank.

I call this lure design "Bones".
Either it's skeleton is showing through, or the pattern on it's body looks like bones - only the fish know for sure.

This lure design is called "Warning Colors".
When I think of warning colors, in water creatures, I think of the blue ringed octopus, so, I went with that colors pattern. 
It is a pretty little beauty, but, watch out.

I call this lure design "Growth Spurt".
It represents 3 stages of fish growth all in one lure.
The coloration resembles a goldeye.

I call this lure design "Dunkle", as in Dunkle the Dunkleosteus.
It was an ancient fish species that swam the seas around 358 - 382 million years ago. 
It was a true lunker that measured almost 30 feet long.  It was one of the first jawed vertebrates. 
I thought it had a unique pattern for a lure, and could be a unique conversation piece for an angler.
Bleeding red treble hooks would accent this lure.

The contest ends May 22nd. The winner will be presented with 3 Rapala super shadow raps with their winning design, and a 75cm giant Rapala lure. There is also a bonus people's choice award, where the top loved design receives 1 super shadow rap with their design on it.

If you have instagram, and like any, or all, of the designs, please like and comment on Rapala Canada's instagram page.

Thank you for your time, and support. :)

WW

buzzbomb

Re: Lure design competition.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 05:14 PM »
If I had instagram I'd  help, but...  I hope you win, there's some nice work there, and everyone can use some new Rapalas.  Looks like you had fun anyway.  One winter way back I was broke and bored and cut up broom handles and carved 4", 5", 6" Originals and drilled them out with a brace and bit, then fed leader wire through to hang trebles and a loop in front.  I made some of the lips out of plastic from food cartons and guitar picks, and some out of wood.  I painted some in standard Rapala patterns, and I wanted to paint some up like WW2 fighter planes just for fun, but never got around to it.
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2020, 05:13 PM »
Hi buzzbomb,
Yeah I did have fun, thanks. :)
I don't think I won as I have not received any word that I did. I also can't see who did win in the end. :-\

How did your homemade rapala lures work for you?

I made a J plug style lure once out of some dowel, painted it up, and caught a few pike on it. I was pleasantly surprised by results.
I still have it and should give it a try next time out and see if it still works.

When you say ww2 fighter planes, are you thinking of the planes with the shark faces on the front?
If so, you game me an I idea for a pattern on a spoon. :whistling:

WW

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2020, 06:46 PM »
All those designs are neat, but the design and info about the prehistoric fish is very cool!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.