FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Flock  (Read 13767 times)

Bartman44

Re: The Flock
« Reply #75 on: Jun 13, 2022, 07:19 AM »
I've heard of birdies and eagles on the golf course but that's ridiculous. 

I was at the Plattsburgh Boat basin yesterday and there's a bunch of geese just hanging around with assorted sea gulls and a guy pulls up in a car and unloads 2 loaves of bread and a full bag a popcorn on them and there's bird mayhem for 15 minutes. No wonder they don't want to migrate.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #76 on: Jun 13, 2022, 11:27 AM »
Tell you what I don’t love is whipping goose crap off greens so I can mow. They camp out on our putting green (about 9000sq. Ft.) and the two closing greens at the club house. Both over 7000 sq ft.

Worst part is now they’re molting and can’t fly. So they and their unbelievable broods spend all their time on the fairways and  greens and even sitting in the bunkers.

I’ve told several golfers they can deduct 2 strokes for each goose they hit.

One good thing is the foxes are well fed.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #77 on: Jul 27, 2022, 02:57 PM »
I was throwing away hanging baskets today and almost dumped a cow bird chick whose mother dropped an egg in a robins nest.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bartman44

« Reply #78 on: Jul 27, 2022, 07:48 PM »
Sneaky birds, those cow birds. Had a Coopers Hawk in my Maple tree today eating a robin with about 10 other robins having a fit.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #79 on: Oct 24, 2022, 05:00 AM »
Saw this guy yesterday…

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #80 on: Nov 22, 2022, 06:43 AM »
This guy was looking for some seeds last night…

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #81 on: Nov 22, 2022, 09:13 AM »
Yeah, I need to charge up my cam and get it out. Birds haven’t forum our feeders as yet. Put them out Sunday. Just a couple goldfinches so far. Squirrels found the seed on the ground from a couple windy days. They haven’t worked out how to get up there yet, but they will eventually.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #82 on: Nov 22, 2022, 10:14 AM »
We have an osprey that has a nest in the front yard tree.
The chicks are gone now since the storm, but the osprey still returns here and there.
I will ask donna to snap a few picks with her camera.

filetandrelease

« Reply #83 on: Nov 23, 2022, 04:40 AM »
 Had a few guest stop by for breakfast yesterday

Mac Attack

« Reply #84 on: Nov 23, 2022, 08:52 AM »
Had a few guest stop by for breakfast yesterday

It is Thanksgiving Bob!

;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #85 on: Nov 23, 2022, 08:59 AM »
This guy wanted to come inside last week…

Bartman44

« Reply #86 on: Nov 23, 2022, 09:28 AM »
LOL. It's Thanksgiving week, that' suicidal.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #87 on: Nov 23, 2022, 12:09 PM »

It is Thanksgiving Bob!

;D

Well, that’s Fred……
But the neighborhood flock found our feeders this morning. They were out in force which will be the case for the rest of the winter.

On another note the price of a 50 lb bag of black oil seed went from $19 two years ago to $32 this year. Can’t say what mealworms for the bluebirds will cost. Probably need a second mortgage.

Mac Attack

« Reply #88 on: Nov 23, 2022, 05:45 PM »

Well, that’s Fred……

LOL

Very sorry Fred.

Bartman44

« Reply #89 on: Nov 24, 2022, 11:41 AM »
Well, that’s Fred……
But the neighborhood flock found our feeders this morning. They were out in force which will be the case for the rest of the winter.

On another note the price of a 50 lb bag of black oil seed went from $19 two years ago to $32 this year. Can’t say what mealworms for the bluebirds will cost. Probably need a second mortgage.

Yeah, just picked up a big bag, same price, seed-flation. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.