FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boga  (Read 1907 times)

Knot there yet

Boga
« on: Jun 20, 2017, 11:08 AM »
 Best and worse gift I ever got. 60lbs model very expensive and awesome at what it does. I bring it everywhere I fish icefishing ,freshwater ,saltwater. This is one of those things in life where the knock off don't stand a chance against the original. You make like Hienz or may like Hunt's ketchup but store brand ain't the same.
 The worst part is it's so good. Nobody cares anymore how long a fish is. What did it weigh? All I hear now. I fish for striped bass and 28" is size limit to be harvested. I catch fish in the 40"plus range often. Before I thought they all were 30-40lbs. Before. Boga tells me my fish 43"= 27lbs and a 45 = 28lbs. Truth hurts sometimes.the boga don't lie so either can I.
 The friend that gave me it. I took him out on boat and he got sunked. I told him I'd take him back out and put him on a fish and did. He got the boga and bought 30 lbs model for himself. Gave me the 60lbs as a gift for his biggest striper of his life. He's gone ten times now and I thank him every time.
 I swore it couldn't be worth all that $$$. I swear by them now
 No issues
Just fissues

stripernut

Re: Boga
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Great tool, I have had mine for years and it is as good as the day I got it! One of the more fun times I had with it was not fishing... I had an "interesting" time with  TSA, getting on a plane with it as carry-on! 

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2017, 12:07 PM »
My son Jeff has one.
But we can NEVER find the darn thing.
Always end up weighing the fish with a POS Zebco scale that I know is ridiculously inaccurate.

Gotta tear apart that boat and find it.

And clean the boat.

:D

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Just make sure you always keep that wrist strap on, and invest in the floaty thing, bogas DONT FLOAT lol

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Just make sure you always keep that wrist strap on, and invest in the floaty thing, bogas DONT FLOAT lol

And you know this why Lance?

:D

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2017, 07:57 AM »
They are awesome, I love mine but still always have a tape handy as well. Fish and Game don't care how heavy it is, that's for sure.

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2017, 10:28 AM »
Never used one.  Also surfcast for stripers excessively.  I've seen nice fish lost while the user fumbles to get the thing clamped to a fishes jaw.  Not for me.  No need to weigh bass under 50"...I remember getting tricked too.  47" fish...37 pounds. They always look heavier than they are. 

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2017, 08:13 AM »

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2017, 09:51 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.