FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Time to wake this forum up...ice is gone, get the long rods out!  (Read 4175 times)

mudchuck

Wake up everyone, let's get this party started!

stick eyes

just got the boat out today.  has a 89 suzuki  30 hp but still runs great. want to get out by the mouth of mill river for the next outing .  at this time of year you never know what you may get even a crappie from time to time  ;)

Theshad

Been out for bull pout a few times. Gearing up for walleye!

PIKEBAIT

Any salmon at Keeler Bay.  Creek must be warming up and attracting smelt??
Dick

Fish Farmer

Any salmon at Keeler Bay.  Creek must be warming up and attracting smelt??
Dick

I heard yes.

mudchuck

Been out twice, still working thru boat issues, going out Saturday for walleye...hope the flood stage level, strong river flows and cold temps aren't going to keep the fish from biting.
Plan B will be to troll salmon somewhere.
Just put a troll plate on so no more dragging buckets!

Theshad

I’m heading out early tomorrow to catch a Walter or two. Hopefully anyway!

mudchuck

Out 8-4 Saturday, Lamoille river troll.
New troll plate works great! No more dragging buckets.

2 smallies, 1st was 24" 5# hit a neon green crawler harness, 2nd was 3-1/2# 19" hit a chartreuse 3/8oz jighead tipped with a hunt minnow.
1 19" wally for the day hammered the crawler harness...empty stomach too.

Theshad

Fished Saturday, Sunday and this morning. Between me and my buddy, landed 24 walleye. Kept two each each day. All between 17”-24”.

vtmopar

• NEK
I hit the missiquoi Saturday, mad house.
Good walleye bite and big yellows.
Not sure how long they'll be on there, hoping to go again this weekend.

crayfish2

Nice going, guys!  Haven't made it out for walleye yet.  Went to Lake Ontario (Mexico Bay) chasing browns the last 2 weekends.  Went over with a buddy of mine May 3rd - May 5th and caught 12 browns (largest ~5lbs), 2 lakers and a couple of smallies.  The following weekend Perch bait and I brought our boat over.  Did pretty well the first day, landing 5 browns and missing several other hits.  Jacob caught his first ever Lake Ontario fish ... a nice fat 6lb9oz brown!  Then the rain started and the wind switched.  We lost the nice temperature we were fishing and the fish shut off (or moved, or whatever they do out there!). 

Didn't catch a thing for 2 days but didn't fish much in the pouring rain, then the last day the wind picked up out of the NW again.  We headed for Oswego to see some new water and it was ROUGH.  2-3' waves and the wind was howling.  Made our 19' boat feel awfully small.  We picked up 2 browns on the first pass just outside of the Oswego breakwater and thought we were going to hammer them.  Then that was it.  We fished for a couple more hours, getting pounded around, before we called it quits.  I was hoping we'd get into a couple of king's while we were there, but we never really got a chance to chase them.  Didn't want to stray too far from shore with the weather we were dealing with most of the time!

Now it's time to refocus on our Lake Champlain fishing!  Hoping to chase walleye, pike and salmon in the coming weeks.

vtmopar

• NEK
Thats worth the trip for sure.
Nice write up.
Rivers are starting to look better but more rain headed our way.
Hopefully it doesn't muck them up again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.