FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy report  (Read 12675 times)

bigr

Re: Sally and Missy report
« Reply #60 on: Apr 27, 2020, 05:43 AM »
Crappie are staging for the spawn. Up shallow in the back of coves. Perfect conditions continue so with luck this dry weather will continue and a slow rise toward summer pool will really make the spawn bite easy and productive. Don't forget about the gill fishing. They will be getting close to spawn also. If you fish for them you'll be surprise how good the size can be in the resi's.

charlys1954

« Reply #61 on: Apr 28, 2020, 12:21 AM »
I don't know about Missy but I fished SM today. Did some trolling first while mapping and when I finally got around to my spot I caught 3 blk nosed ones 1-11", 2-12" in less than 10 mins. Also a good gill all in 1-1/2fow. Was anchored to close and the gusty wind worked me up by the time I got back out I think I spooked them cause didn't get another bite.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

bherr24

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2020, 12:03 AM »
Catching some really nice crappie on missy right now. Went sunday in that nasty weather and had area all to ourself and me and a buddy brought home 41. 8 of those were 13 inch fish. Went back this evening and fished the same submerged stump and i kept 15 fish including one at 14 inches and 2 more at 13. That being said...i have  had to work my tail off to find these fish. It has not been a normal may. The weather and the amount of pressure from so many people fishing everyday has made it more challenging. A lot of my spots that normally hold fish this time of year have produced nothing. I had quite a few unsuccesful outings leading up to this week. Hopefully the weather straightens up and no more 30s and snow and the fishing just gets better.

bigr

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2020, 05:21 AM »
The sally is still giving up big fish also. I've seen several photos of 2lb plus. I agree the real easy fishing has slowed but if your willing to put in the effort you will find the biggest fish of the season right now. I think if the weather gets consistent warm the easy fishing for numbers will return for a few weeks. Next week and thru memorial day should be very good.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.