FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fruita State Park  (Read 5578 times)

raleigh

Fruita State Park
« on: Mar 03, 2004, 09:30 PM »
      Well Fruita State Park is now all open water. The Colorado DOW stocked it with 2500 rainbow trout on Monday March 1st. I have been down there twice so far and caught 50. Their not hitting fly's real good now but it usuly gets better at the end of march. I have just been using #2 silver blue fox. Once the lakes are all clear of ice off the mesa I will have a lot more info for you. This is just a picture of buddy going after a rainbow trout that i just caught. He is a true fish hound.

Colorado_Ice

• Mmm, Mmm, Good!
Re: Fruita State Park
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2004, 12:09 PM »
raleigh,

Thanks for the report.

Maybe later this summer I can meet you somewhere on the mesa and we can fish together. Looks like I will have to get another vehicle but if you are interested I'll let you know when I'm ready to roll again.  8)

raleigh

« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2004, 10:15 PM »
Yeah Colorado_ice, that would be great. I have fished a lot of the lakes on the mesa. There is about 300 lakes up there and about 150 or so that are natural. All year round i can go and catch quite a few fish. Early spring is when the fishing is realy good. At one lakes i go to in early spring the splake hit like crazy. Thats where i caught my 2 big ones. they avrage 2 pounds. They only stick around for about 2 weeks at the most right after ice off, than they travel to deeper water.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2004, 12:11 AM »
Is there any decent bass fishing in the fruita lakes? I go to the Colorado, Fork, or Gunnison if I want trout.

Tyler

raleigh

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2004, 07:04 PM »
Bass fishing at Fruita, no, I don't think the bass fishing is very good yeat. Last year I caught a couple of small ones, and this year I have caught a couple more small ones. They started stocking fruita with bass about 5 years ago so I am sure there is a few nicer ones in there. But all the ones I have caught down there have been around 8 inches or so. I did catch a few nice bluegills while I was ice fishing down there this winter.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Went today (sat. march 27) for an hour. Caught 8 stockers and 2 largemouth bass about 12-13" long apiece

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.