FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: So…I Went To The Post Office Today  (Read 1050 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
So…I Went To The Post Office Today
« on: Mar 23, 2023, 12:21 PM »
Went in just to buy 10 stamps. There’s only one bill I have to mail. Total was $6.10….handed the lady a $20.

Took her 3 tries to count out the change. This wasn’t a kid. It was a 45 year old + woman. Cash money will go away in my lifetime if the drug dealers can figure out how to accept credit cards.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

Re: So…I Went To The Post Office Today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2023, 01:08 PM »
LOL. Worked the register at a liquor store many years ago during college and I learned to do all the math in my head. Google is taking over our minds. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2023, 02:14 PM »

It’s funny , some have a hard time making change even after the screen reveals the answer , 😱

gotagetm

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2023, 02:31 PM »
Hey Bob
Dealers already take cards I seen people use PayPal right to there account!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2023, 02:33 PM »
 Venmo….  ;) ;) 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2023, 02:34 PM »
And this was the case Fred. She had it right in front of her. Probably could have found an app on her phone to do it for her in less time.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

jperch

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2023, 03:14 PM »
And of course you don't really have to be able to do arithmetic, just count back the change starting at the cost of the items.  One would think that there would be some training before being allowed to operate a cash register.  But I'm afraid it's even worse than that.  The number of people who have trouble reading is truly sad.

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2023, 05:31 PM »

J perch that doesn’t work either,  I once was at a gas station , couldn’t figure a price with tax and couldn’t count change back
 Register was down , they were on a calculator, manager came over and said they are not taught that in school , the manager  ask me to show the person how to count change  back , cashier was amazed 😱

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.