FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Longnose Gar  (Read 11238 times)

polar bear

• Fishing isn't just something I do , its who I am..
Re: Longnose Gar
« Reply #15 on: Sep 04, 2010, 12:22 AM »
nice .....I never caught one of these

imike24

« Reply #16 on: Sep 24, 2010, 08:44 AM »

abishop

« Reply #17 on: Sep 24, 2010, 08:54 AM »
Kill all those gars all they do is kill fish just to kill them. Not always to eat them. I hope all you fishermen dont throw them back in unless they have their gut cut open. Oh also, that goes for dogfish as well. Just my 2 cents.

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #18 on: Sep 24, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Kill all those gars all they do is kill fish just to kill them. Not always to eat them. I hope all you fishermen dont throw them back in unless they have their gut cut open. Oh also, that goes for dogfish as well. Just my 2 cents.

What is your reason for killing them?  ??? They are native to North America?  Can you try really hard and give me a good reason why we should erraticate a species that has been around for thousands of years? Ignorant post if you ask me.  Just my 2 cents  ;D

lewisr993

« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2010, 03:48 PM »
I was in Louisiana this summer and saw alot of 30+ in longnose gar. Nice pictures.
Flyin' Ryan 64

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Issiah, Tyler has been obsessed with Gar Fish since you posted this picture...  Now all he talks about is going to Black Lake to catch one...   Until then he got these for his fish tank...    These are Alligator Gars..   There about 6 1/2 inches long... They eat small minnows...
Click on Videos...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Issiah

« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:11 PM »
There is some big ones in Black Lake and Oswegatchie River.  Cool videos, thanx for sharing  8)   I have Large tinfoil Barbs  just like yours...

benny4117

• I'd Rather Be Fishing
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2011, 03:40 PM »
Cool pics...never caught one myself...thnx for sharing

ERS

« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2011, 08:15 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Locnar

« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2011, 10:24 PM »
People like you should just stop fishing, such ignorance gives real fishermen a bad name. Gar are not invasive anywhere and should be treated with the same respect as any other fish, but I bet your the type that kills any fish you dont like. Same goes for dogfish, they have the same right to live as a Bluefin Tuna, they are no worse or better. With your logic humans are the worst thing out there when it comes to killing just to kill and not to eat, thats what your doing when you kill a fish and leave it to die. Please dont fish or hunt if you cant respect the various species whether you like them or not.

SWAMPGOOSE

« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2011, 01:10 PM »
i agree i must have spent 3 hours one day trying to get a gar and there were hundreds of them just breaking the surface, tricky bugers.  They do no harm to the eco system
cream ale is good, rolling rock is great, but land shark is king

SunFish

« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2011, 04:35 PM »
GAR AND DOGFISH ARE AWESOME, AND HAVE BEEN AROUND FOREVER! They are both native,and just because they eat stocked trout doesn't mean what there doing is wrong, largemouth bass eat other fish to..., at least they are not rushing up the Mississippi in hundreds and thousands to the great lakes.

jerkbait

« Reply #27 on: Apr 07, 2011, 03:27 PM »
thanks for the info will have to try the rope trick

hamrhandle

« Reply #28 on: Apr 26, 2011, 10:43 AM »
nice catch issiah!  thats a cool lookin fish for sure!

TheReelDeal

« Reply #29 on: Apr 26, 2011, 11:03 AM »
There is some big ones in Black Lake and Oswegatchie River.  Cool videos, thanx for sharing  8)   I have Large tinfoil Barbs  just like yours...
I believe that Black Lake still holds the state record for the Longnose Gar

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.