FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Water temp at Gardners  (Read 5153 times)

bug-chazer

Re: Water temp at Gardners
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 06:36 AM »
Going to be at camp this week , if the docks are in I will bring the boat . Watch out walter :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

cticeman

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I will also be walter hunting this weekend just not at Garners good luck bug- chazer

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 02:50 PM »
Headed to Sacandaga myself.  Walter is feeding actively I hear although Im more interested in the pike! 

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 03:21 PM »
good luck on the dead sea
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 12:20 PM »
good luck on the dead sea

Thank you should be good.  I don't know why people call it that.  We did very well there on ice.

eiderz

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Thank you should be good.  I don't know why people call it that.  We did very well there on ice.

It's an old joke by the locals trying to keep the octane's of the world away.  :laugh: The times I've been on the ice have for the most part been decent. Never been in the summer.

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 01:18 PM »
This will be the first trip for us open water.  I like drift fishing so maybe a crawler harness, jig some gulp, drag minnows stuff like that should work.  Maybe we'll get an eye.  Im more hopeful for a pike!

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 08:07 AM »
The dead sea was dead for eyes and pike.  I marked eyes trolled for them with rapalas and crawler harnesses and couldnt buy a hit.  We found the smallmouth and hammered them.

This lake will be worthless after memorial day though.  With lakeside bars it will be pleasure boat mania.  I had a hard time jokeying for position to pull my boat out yesterday afternoon!

eiderz

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 09:13 AM »
Good effort, hard luck on the fish. One round goes to the Dead Sea!  ;)

I wouldn't want to be there during the summer. What a zoo.

octanehi5

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 09:16 AM »
I have fished there with one of the locals, they know all the structure, humps and bumps, every time we went over them we caught walleye, Never caught any when not on structure, hence the name dead sea. hopefully i will make it up there before my fly in. There are a few more places with structure I have not learned yet. It also pays to fish it during the week not the weekends to much boat traffic. The other opption is to drive a little farther to Oneida, Aways good

octanehi5

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 09:20 AM »
The temps at Gardner should be approaching prime time may have to stop down during the week for evening bite

lowaccord66

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2015, 10:04 AM »
I have fished there with one of the locals, they know all the structure, humps and bumps, every time we went over them we caught walleye, Never caught any when not on structure, hence the name dead sea. hopefully i will make it up there before my fly in. There are a few more places with structure I have not learned yet. It also pays to fish it during the week not the weekends to much boat traffic. The other opption is to drive a little farther to Oneida, Aways good

I set up a pretty good 7' rig with leadcore so maybe Ill keep at it and try Oneida next

eiderz

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 12:12 PM »
I set up a pretty good 7' rig with leadcore so maybe Ill keep at it and try Oneida next

Now we're talking! Love that lake. Many times the walters in Oneida vs. Great Sacandaga, and a good supply of nice bronzies. In fact, just about everything is in Oneida.

lowaccord66

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Now we're talking! Love that lake. Many times the walters in Oneida vs. Great Sacandaga, and a good supply of nice bronzies. In fact, just about everything is in Oneida.

I get bored fishing the same lakes so Im gonna add Onieda.  Maybe weekend after next.  This weekend Im gonna hit Troy and try for stripers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.