FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Greetings from a new guy  (Read 1568 times)

Aquafuge

• Take a kid fishing
Greetings from a new guy
« on: Sep 12, 2010, 11:24 AM »
I have posted on the iceshanty page a few times but just logged on to this site yesterday. I hope to share my fishing successes, and failures, and give accurate accounting of the lures and techniques as well as general locations (no GPS)  for all my fishing trips as I make my way around this province and learn as I go.
I spent the past thirty five years trekking around Alberta and a number of years before that trekking around BC. I landed my first 36" pike when I was 7 or 8 at Keho Lake AB, and my first Tyee when I was 33, off Graham Island (Queen Charlotte Islands) B.C. We've lived here for a year or so with our two boats and ice tent.
Don't expect any photos, I'm not that handy with the technology but I will try not to exaggerate on the size and numbers, as all good anglers should.
Having said that, I would like a little data about Madge Lake and area, if you can. Don't feel that you have to give up your secrets, just tell me if you've had any success there this month. We were there last fall and enjoyed the place so much we are returning next week for a few days. Thanx. Dave Si
"If it's high in the sky then it's high in the boat and there's fish in the live-well" (no pike, that would be cruel)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: Greetings from a new guy
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Hi Aquafuge, welcome to the Sask. portion of my fishfinder. :)

I don't have too much current date on Madge Lake area for you, as I haven't fished it this year, but when I did, I have had a bit of luck fishing from a boat for pike and walleye at Batka Lake.

I have tried shore fishing at Madge Lake and Little Jackfish Lake but with limited results, it seems you need a boat as the good shore fishing spots always seem to always be taken.

I have never ever ice fished in that area, but would like to some time.

If you are looking for a good depth map for all 3 lakes in that area you can find it at http://www.saskfishinglakes.ca/.
This is a good informative site for many lakes in Sask.
I hope this helps.

Good fishin' to you. 8)

WW

Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.