FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rafferty Reservoir  (Read 3138 times)

anglerbrian

Rafferty Reservoir
« on: Jul 20, 2014, 07:49 AM »
Fishing Rafferty this weekend, had almost forgotten how great the fishing is here. Walleye perch and pike in great numbers and various sizes.
I have never found minnows as fresh as the ones they sell at the regional when    I put them the on hook  there appeared to be fresh red blood.
Looking forward to another go round this morning when everyone else wakes up. If you prefer to use crawlers the Regional park store sells nice ones and you can get  some bright green ones that are lively and seem to ring the dinner bell for Walleye.    8) 8) ;D ;)

anglerbrian

Re: Rafferty Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2014, 12:04 PM »
Yesterday was even better than the day before. Fish were biting at all of the old haunts and a few other places we tried.
The walleye were deeper in the heat, found some nice humps in the 18-22 foot range  with fish stacked up. Lots of boat traffic and no wonder , what a beautiful day. Great for fishing swimming and other watersports. Mainprize has the best launch facilities I have used this year. Room for up to four boats to launch or retrieve at the same time.  Larger or  pontoon boats will want to use the center ramps . No problem for boats 18-19 feet to use the two outside ramps. Great fish filleting facility as well.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2014, 12:12 AM »
Good  fishing report anglerbrian.  :)

I have heard there are some dandy big perch, pike and walleye at Rafferty.

I heard the odd largemouth bass is in there now, but not to sure on that, as I think they would need the warm water to survive our winters. :-\

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

anglerbrian

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2014, 07:16 AM »
I have heard from a pretty reliable source that there are a few Largemouth in Rafferty but if you want a really good chance at them in Sask go to boundary reservoir. I have lived in Ontario in places that had them that were every bit as cold in winter as Saskatchewan but these lakes had DEEP water. Rafferty has some very deep holes as well. Boundary has warm water spots even in the coldest winter days.
 There are some huge perch in Rafferty and when you find them can have eome good action. Huge pike and walleye as well but we usually target the eaters.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.