FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest eyewall???  (Read 56806 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: Biggest eyewall???
« Reply #90 on: Mar 22, 2009, 01:28 AM »
Hey p-bubba how big was that monster?   My biggest Oneida lake walleye I caught last fall, 29 inches 8.9 lbs. Caught bigger out of lake ontario but never weigh them!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #91 on: Mar 22, 2009, 01:32 AM »

a hair under 28" and I'd put her around 8-9lbs....1 of the 50 or so I got in a bit over an hour....d**n I love when the Suskys frozen  ;D ;D
That's one cool photo man! What's susky mean!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

troutguy1377

• Waiting to walk on water again
« Reply #92 on: Mar 27, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Here is mine 30 3/4"  9.2lbs

pyle

« Reply #93 on: Mar 30, 2009, 07:59 AM »
That's one cool photo man! What's susky mean!

Susquehanna(sp) River      ;)

Game Hog

« Reply #94 on: Mar 30, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Mine was 291/2" through the ice.  Man is it awesome to catch a fish that is larger than the pole you are using.  She went back down the hole to be caught again.
Live to fish

TravP

« Reply #95 on: Apr 05, 2009, 10:19 PM »
My biggest is 28.5". My dad got a 32.5" with a 25.5" girth on the rainy river in april of 2001.

Strike-Zone

« Reply #96 on: Apr 05, 2009, 11:59 PM »

TravP :

This is your quote form your post:

''" My biggest is 28.5". My dad got a 32.5" with a 25.5" girth on the rainy river in april of 2001. ""

I was just wondering if you were referring to the Rainy River that flows between Minnesota and Ontario Canada?  If you have a picture of your Dad's walleye, could you please post it. The reason why I'm asking is, the walleye your Dad caught could be State record or even a World record.
   The IGFA world record Walleye weighed 25lbs. and was caught in Old Hickory Lake, Tennessee. The Minnesota state record weighed 17lbs 8 oz and was caught in the Seagull River.  I did some calculations from the size of your Dad's fish in your post and it appears that your Dad's fish weighed 26.42lbs.

Congratulations to You and your Dad on 2 nice Walleye's.

Strike - Zone 
Never Open a Can of Worms Unless You Plan to go Fishing!

I may do Foolish things but at least I do them with ENTHUSIASM!

SO MANY FISH ------ SO LITTLE TIME

SNAGGER

« Reply #97 on: Apr 06, 2009, 01:46 AM »
Susquehanna(sp) River      ;)
That's what I thought. Looks like Extreme Ice Fishing there Man! Don't fall thru with that current under ya! Great Pic!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

TravP

« Reply #98 on: Apr 06, 2009, 01:29 PM »

TravP :

This is your quote form your post:

''" My biggest is 28.5". My dad got a 32.5" with a 25.5" girth on the rainy river in april of 2001. ""

I was just wondering if you were referring to the Rainy River that flows between Minnesota and Ontario Canada?  If you have a picture of your Dad's walleye, could you please post it. The reason why I'm asking is, the walleye your Dad caught could be State record or even a World record.
   The IGFA world record Walleye weighed 25lbs. and was caught in Old Hickory Lake, Tennessee. The Minnesota state record weighed 17lbs 8 oz and was caught in the Seagull River.  I did some calculations from the size of your Dad's fish in your post and it appears that your Dad's fish weighed 26.42lbs.

Congratulations to You and your Dad on 2 nice Walleye's.

Strike - Zone 

Yes on the Minnesota side. The only pic we have is from a disposable camera. I wonder if I could somehow scan the picture and then post it. Theres no way its a world record but we brought the pic to the outdoor news booth at the ice fishing show a few years ago and they think it verywell could have been a state record. The fish was released and he had a replica made. The rep. looks nothing like the real fish. kinda disapointing for him.

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #99 on: Apr 06, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Those are ALL some great Walters, guys!!!

Sweet fish!!!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

fish4kitty

« Reply #100 on: Apr 06, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Biggest has been 30" 12 # 18 1/2" around. Chapleau Ont. 2 years ago in july. If I could get one of my teens to show me how to post a pix I would. Nice fish that my Dad was drifting past me and witnessed me landing. Only two guys on the lake that morning. Great memory.
In search of the 40" walleye.....

hinkydo

« Reply #101 on: Apr 08, 2009, 08:33 AM »
 My biggest 31", 12lb 15oz. My dads 32" long- 21" around, 13lb 3oz Hinckley Shoal, St Lawrence River.

hinkydo

Bunk

• Fish on!!
« Reply #102 on: Apr 09, 2009, 01:40 PM »
my biggest 32.25"  11.5 pounds. caught 4 years ago in the roseau river, manitoba. on my wall now.
caught a 30" and a 29.5" through the ice a couple of years ago. feels good to watch those big girls
swim away.

KingPerch

« Reply #103 on: Apr 09, 2009, 01:56 PM »
29.75" 11lbs, Caught it in oneida river near Pheonix,NY. Caught it on a large red devil spoon trolling. :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

kiltman

• We can do this!
« Reply #104 on: Apr 10, 2009, 08:17 PM »
My biggest is a 34 inch, 14 pound 3 ounce eye.
That was getting the weighing and measuring done the next day!!
She was the #1 Michigan Master Angler fish in 1995.
Caught her through the ice jigging a "silver buddy".

:clapping:
The reason we're all here, is 'cause we ain't all there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.