FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Running Dipsy's or other divers?  (Read 11766 times)

Sluggo / NY

Re: Running Dipsy's or other divers?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2010, 12:45 PM »
and who said you can't teach an old dog a new trick ?  :D :D
Pete.. We just got him to roll over last year! ;) Sluggo (Chris)

eyedoktr

« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Pete.. We just got him to roll over last year! ;) Sluggo (Chris)

You should see him beg for treats.  :D :D
Pete Lewis

Cast Away

« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Not in the Great lakes you don't want to.  The spiny fleas will stick to the braid pretty bad.  Wire or 30# mono to avoid the fleas in these parts....

What line do you guys run on your downrigger rods...flea flicker of just a mono large enough that fleas can't hang on? Reason I ask is that I hear they are also quite a problem now in Seneca and a friend of mine is trying to rig up to fish there.

I have been told that our Lake Erie flea is a slightly different strain. They don't hang as tight as those on Ontario and often we don't even see them.

Cast Away

« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2010, 08:24 PM »
You should see him beg for treats.  :D :D

Couple old flea bags like you two and you call me an old dog??? ::)

Sluggo / NY

« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2010, 06:27 AM »
What line do you guys run on your downrigger rods...flea flicker of just a mono large enough that fleas can't hang on? Reason I ask is that I hear they are also quite a problem now in Seneca and a friend of mine is trying to rig up to fish there.
Fred.. Flea Flicker has an oval shape as well as a larger diameter. I've heard numerous complaints about line twist. Even though it's overkill.. I use 30# mono to keep the fleas off and a light floro leader behind it. And Yes.. Seneca and Cayuga are both loaded with the little critters! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 2010, 07:19 AM »
The only fleas I see are the ones I carry. Time for a new flea collar. After doing a lot of reading on the net about Dipseys and such I feel pretty good about it all. 4 more days I will know more and see what I learned. All the rigs are set and ready to go hopefully the weather holds right now there calling for T storms in this neck of the woods and I hate the idea of running a aluminum boat in that crap. Might be looking elsewhere to wet a line opener or just do as we did last year a couple nights and go sit in truck when the light show starts and wait it out.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

Sluggo / NY

« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:00 AM »
Coldfeet.. Where are you headed for the opener? As for the fleas.. they're not a problem till the water gets warmer. Good Luck and let us no how you make out! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:06 AM »
you may want to look into these. i use them, and they are simple to use, and i run them off in-line boards.
http://www.davisnet.com/marine/products/list_marine.asp?grp=m15-4

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

snuffynra

« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2010, 08:12 AM »
The only fleas I see are the ones I carry. Time for a new flea collar. After doing a lot of reading on the net about Dipseys and such I feel pretty good about it all. 4 more days I will know more and see what I learned. All the rigs are set and ready to go hopefully the weather holds right now there calling for T storms in this neck of the woods and I hate the idea of running a aluminum boat in that crap. Might be looking elsewhere to wet a line opener or just do as we did last year a couple nights and go sit in truck when the light show starts and wait it out.
lightning and boats dont mix ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCRguPMjXLw

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Sluggo
Heading to good old Silver Lake and my little stretch of water we found last year. I will post a few pics of the fish we get thats if we get any lol. Its fishing right and  not catching. I will spend a good 4 or more weeks there fishing the same areas before I head to any other lake. After that I will take it where I can get it. Lets just say that the pics will tell the story as far as fish goes and if it works out like it did last year it will be another good one. You say I'm holding back where abouts and what to use? Lol Pm Me All I will say is its a small area and the fish were stacked there for a solid 5 weeks last season and not a soul to be seen.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.