FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bottom bouncers or three way rigs  (Read 14143 times)

King Fisher

• Born to FISH forced to WORK!
bottom bouncers or three way rigs
« on: Jul 05, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Does anyone have any pics of either?  I would like to start exploring more ways to fish for walleye starting with these.  I have tried bottom bouncing with moderate luck and would like to try a rig that has spinners/beads....ect...ect.  Pics or detailed descriptions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  8)

TJG

Re: bottom bouncers or three way rigs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2010, 01:02 AM »
Does anyone have any pics of either?  I would like to start exploring more ways to fish for walleye starting with these.  I have tried bottom bouncing with moderate luck and would like to try a rig that has spinners/beads....ect...ect.  Pics or detailed descriptions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!  8)

Stay away from the three way, as it will tangle more times than run true.
With a bottom bouncer you can troll anything from spinner rigs
to cranks,  shallow and deep runners

sperrin

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2010, 08:36 AM »
bottom bouncer all the way!
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

UPSTATE

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Bottom bouncer with a worm harness always works well ,  they have all kinds of blade/bead/color set-ups  :tipup:
just tryin to get her done

HAPPY-HOOKER

• ICE DOGG69 ON I.S.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Stay away from the three way, as it will tangle more times than run true.
With a bottom bouncer you can troll anything from spinner rigs
to cranks,  shallow and deep runners

I use 3 ways and I fish the Walleye circut on the St. Lawrence.  I have no problems with it and in fact in the last 2 years I haven't used a bottom bouncer.

TJG

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2010, 01:28 AM »
I use 3 ways and I fish the Walleye circut on the St. Lawrence.  I have no problems with it and in fact in the last 2 years I haven't used a bottom bouncer.

I fish the circuts in saskatchewan and Alberta and not one of us use a three way rig, want to
come up and give us a lesson? Bottom bouncing has been around a long time and once
learned, its one of the deadlist of combinations around.

BBK

« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2010, 10:18 PM »
I fish the circuts in saskatchewan and Alberta and not one of us use a three way rig, want to
come up and give us a lesson? Bottom bouncing has been around a long time and once

I  use 3 ways exclusively with no negative results, I feel I get more sensitivity with the 3-way vs bottom bouncer.

father o millions

« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2010, 04:06 PM »
most def bottom bouncer.   Must be flourescent green or orange 1 to 3 oz and go off 3 or 4 feet to a hammered silver colorado blade w big chartruse and red beads,...thats what kills anything else I run on oneida. I use 3 when
I trol and 1-2 when I drift,....the bottom bouncers get teeth marks on em,....the colored ones anyway,....they outfish plain

father o millions

« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2010, 04:14 PM »
I only use a 3 way 4a rapala   but I use a botm bncr as my weight   ,...the more color the better 95% o time,...and If im getin greedy I'll put a short leader worm rig off the botmbncr,...up from the bb I go 3-4ft to a 3 way which I run a 4 ftlead to a floatin stickbait  and the other to the reel.   this rig can be very frustrating to get werkin right but doubles r fun

TJG

« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2010, 01:46 AM »
Every lake is differant, I have been using bb and live rigs most of the time
as the lakes I hv been on the 3 way is not very effective.
I would love to use it but it just doesnt produce like a bb or live rigging.

TJG

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2010, 01:50 AM »

What kind of bottom are u on?
The bb gives me very positive feedback.
I fish rough terrane, stumps, weeds and rocks

Gary L

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:32 AM »
I sure wish someone in the know would post a couple pics of both the bottom bouncing and three way rigs all set up.

I have a good handle on the trout fishing in my reservoir but want to start targeting the eyes that are doing rather well lately.

All these rigs you guys mention are out of the realm of trout fishing so some learning is in order and pics work great for many of us.

maineduckhunter

• Alaskan King Salmon

Big Burk

« Reply #13 on: Jun 13, 2012, 01:55 PM »
Three way rig has its time and place but lately I have been favoring bottom bouncers. Usually I will use the 3 way rig when drifting or trolling less than 3/4mhp and bottom bounce when trolling or drifting faster than 3/4mph

OTIS

« Reply #14 on: Jun 13, 2012, 02:01 PM »
I have my best luck with a series of split shot about a foot above the swivel that connects the spinner rig.  This far out produces both the three way rig and the bottom bouncer for me.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.