FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bank fishin  (Read 7209 times)

hellraiser

bank fishin
« on: Mar 21, 2011, 09:38 AM »
dont have a boat. Any suggestion on how to fish for them from the bank. takin my son catfishing and there is tons of walleye in this reservoir also.  any help would be appreciated

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
Re: bank fishin
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:35 PM »
I fish a local reservoir that does not allow boats, so we shore fish for eyes all the time. have better sucess in the fall, but we use medium shiners on a floating jig head...about 12-18" off bottom...I use the Lindy no-snag slip sinkers and just watch your line...catch almost all bigger species this way (catfish, walleyes, pickerel, and bass)
    A Country Boy can Survive!

hellraiser

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2011, 05:08 PM »
hey thanks for the reply. i'll send ya some pics when i catch some.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2011, 05:59 PM »
good deal...and good luck. ;)
    A Country Boy can Survive!

ole sam

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2011, 11:18 AM »
I always shore fish for walleye in the spring.  I do like my Daddy did... cast a 3-hook floating Rapala, give it a little time to sit, maybe a jerk or two then reel it inn steady.  Worked for him 30 years ago, works for me now.  Your boy will remember just like I do...  Good luck to ya!
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

fishermantim4

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2011, 11:46 AM »
jigs with a minnow body, heavy enough to feel the bottom light enough so it doesnt get snagged every cast, might want a bit heavier line just to pull out of a couple snags
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

outdoorschris

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2011, 01:06 PM »
my dad has use crank baits before to catch them

Robbieq16

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:45 PM »
I also like to use stick baits, rapalas, yo zuri minnow magnet but spring time is a good time from shore i do very well around the beaches and rocky bottom.. but i find a real good trick is to reel in very slow very slow but it produces... good luck

Robbieq16

« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:55 PM »
P.S. forgot at night time

the jigs up

« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Sometimes fish from shore when the water is too rough for the  boat. Always start off with a bucktail jig tipped with either a gulp leech or minnow. They really do hold onto these gulp baits. If that doesn't produce blast a crank bait like a reef runner around to wake em up.
BORN TO FISH...FORCED TO WORK... TO PAY FOR FISHING...

slipperybob

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2011, 05:54 AM »
I pretty much do all of my fishing from the shore.  I typically toss out a lindy rig with a fathead minnow on the end for walleyes when I'm lazy.  Otherwise a jig and curly tail grub sometimes tipped with minnow and jig along bottom.  If it's too snaggy, then I have no choice but to slipbobber for them.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

fishforfun

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 09:53 AM »
sorry need post lost all mine some how

BBK

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 04:02 PM »
I pretty much do all of my fishing from the shore.  I typically toss out a lindy rig with a fathead minnow on the end for walleyes when I'm lazy.  Otherwise a jig and curly tail grub sometimes tipped with minnow and jig along bottom.  If it's too snaggy, then I have no choice but to slipbobber for them.

Exactly, hit it right on the head.

Try to find a place with a rockbar, or sandbar that you can fish from shore.. that would be your best bet from now until fall.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #13 on: Jun 03, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Great advice sofar.

I mostly fish from shore, and find that you usually can still get good number of walleye doing so.

I like use single or double tail grubs, swimbaits and smaller spoons, and if it's really weedy in the area weedless style jig heads.

If it's a fairly snagless bottom I will us crankbaits like Rapala, Storm or Bomber.

Slipbobber fishing is a good option with a minnow, scented soft plastc, leech or worm and alot of folks around my area
use a pickerel rig.
I also use pickerel rigs from time to time when I want to just sit quietly.
The pickeral rig might work for the catfish also :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

rambo51

« Reply #14 on: Jun 13, 2011, 05:45 PM »
My uncle just caught a 33" walleye with a chunk of sucker meat while fishing for trout from shore
I only fish on days that end in Y

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.