FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bank fishin  (Read 7210 times)

TheDL

Re: bank fishin
« Reply #15 on: Jun 13, 2011, 05:54 PM »
I fish a local reservoir that does not allow boats, so we shore fish for eyes all the time. have better sucess in the fall, but we use medium shiners on a floating jig head...about 12-18" off bottom...I use the Lindy no-snag slip sinkers and just watch your line...catch almost all bigger species this way (catfish, walleyes, pickerel, and bass)
Rebel hit it on the head, those lindy no snagg slip sinkers are awesome for walleyes, I use 'em all the time.  Float of some kind in there (I use little float bodies from worm harness) and worm/minnow, let the fish run with the bait for a sec before you set the hook on 'em - open bail, finger on the line.
good luck out there!
tight lines....

crankshaft013

Re: bank fishin
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:16 AM »
Hey Guys, Spring time I fish the eyes in my local river and have my best luck on mr. twisters, single tails 3" yellow or white early morning or just before dark.

In the fall I fish another river about an hour from me, right at the mouth of the river, generally night fishing and they just hammer the Rapala J11's and J13's Black and Gold or Black and silver.

Something that sounds crazy but has been proven to work for me when the bit slows down.. I tip my hooks with small pieces of ear plugs. Those cheap spongy foam ones. Bright neon yellow, almost a chartreuse color. These also work great soaked in leftover Gulp Juice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.