FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bucktail jigs  (Read 4119 times)

Mogi

Bucktail jigs
« on: Jun 29, 2012, 09:16 PM »
Whats's everyone go to size and topping using buckail jigs for walleye? 1/8 to1/4 oz in a perch pattern with a crawler is what I always end up using. It has either produced or left me feeling like like walleye are extincted. I haven't tried them yet but I hear the swimbaits on a bucktail is a deadly combo. There is room in the tackle box so watcha got? Thanks!!

Big Burk

Re: Bucktail jigs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2012, 01:05 AM »
I try to keep an assortment of 1/8, and 1/4oz bucktails in the tacklebox but yellow, black, white and orange are the go to colors, tipped with a leech most the time but crawlers work when I run out or don't have leeches. Bucktails with swimbaits haven't produced a whole lot of walleye for me, but it is one of my go to lures for pike.

OTIS

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:09 AM »
I perfer 5/8 oz in white, yellow, black, brown, purple, or black/purple and tipped with half a crawler.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Bodeen

« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2012, 08:04 PM »
It all depends on depth and speed as to what size I am going to use.  I want to use as light as I can and still keep vertical and feel the bottom.  As far as topping, I only use minnows on bucktails.  If I am using any other kind of live bait, it won't be on a bucktail.

In the water type I am mostly on, a 1/16 or 1/8 is what I will use with 90% of the time being 1/16.

fishfeller

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2013, 10:44 AM »
I fish 1/4 or 3/8 depending on conditions tipped with a 3" gulp minnow. Purple or black for the relatively clear lakes I fish in.

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2013, 03:52 PM »
I always use a 1/4oz white one. Did pretty good with late fall/early winter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.