FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleye lures  (Read 12689 times)

chris458wm

Walleye lures
« on: Apr 28, 2015, 02:57 AM »
I never fished for Walleyes before and want to get some lures but don't know what does or doesn't work.  What do you guys have luck with?

Bosco

Re: Walleye lures
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Large stick baits of the Rapala variety along the shoreline at night is the ticket for me come opening day (night) this weekend. I don't much care about colors or patterns so long as there's a dark back and a bright belly. There's a start for you. You can troll them with a bottom bouncer out deeper in the daylight. Then, colors and patterns become more important to me.

Good luck!!

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2015, 09:42 PM »
I get 99% of mine on lipless crankbaits. Rapala rip n rap and the strike king red eye shad

appleye

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 06:22 AM »
Shad raps, walley divers, flicker shads.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2015, 10:35 PM »
Hi chris458wm,
When I fish from shore for walleye, I like to use fairly heavy baits so I can cast farther. Three good ones for me have been 4" - 5" swimbaits like Storm Wildeye Swimbaits or similar type and small to medium sized spoons like, Len Thompson, Pelican Spoons, Blue Fox strobe spoon, PK Flutter fish or little Cleos. Single or double tail grubs are also effective.

If I am in the boat the same lures work as well as various rattling crankbaits, like the Storm Hot & Tot rattle, Bomber Long A, Berkley Flicker Shad and similar rattling cranks.
If all the other techniques are not working I then will try a bottom bouncer and a 3' - 5' section of line with a tied spinner rig and usually tipped Berkley Gulp Alive minnow, worm or leech.

As for colors the sky's the limit but I do go with brighter colors most of the time. I do sometimes use darker colors on darker days or near sundown.

Hope this helps. :)

WW

ericmic1

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2015, 06:00 AM »
hot n tots
reef runner 700 RipSticks

Fish them slower at night they dive pretty deep.  Troll em during the day.

boondox

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2015, 04:05 PM »
boat lures:
hot n tots , jr thunder sticks , deep jr thunder sticks, wally divers , reef runners , bombers , rapala's , matzuo minnows, youzuri minnows , thunder sticks, deep thunder sticks , bay rat lures ,challenger lures ,  jig's and tails from lunker city plastics,  gulp tails ,spoons like marks custom spoons, dream weavers , d&b fishings spoons, Sutton spoons, lure Jensen quick fish , flat fish, crawler harness.

shore fishing: jig and plastic tails and twitch baits like rapalas etc... stuff listed above... stuff that does not dive deep work best for twitching like yozuri crystal minnows cause they flash off any available light and cause fish to strike . now carking deep divers work from shore to it is just how you work them and how deep you got available and weed growth.   

burck17

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:30 AM »
Rapalas and gulp twisters with jigs

Iceman2719

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Kinda depends on the type of fishing ur doing. If ur fishing vertically like anchored out of a boat, the Ol stand by jig & twister tail are hard to beat. Easy to use, cheap & highly effective. We've also started to use "blade" Baits a lot lately. Their action, vibration & flash really draw a lot of fish & trigger some otherwise negative fish into reaction hits. We Usually use these early in the year like right after ice out. If ur fishing horizontally , like from shore or wading. I like some of the suspending, rattling body baits by  Rapala. We usually throw these when the water temp hits 50*. Hope this helps !
DONT HORSE EM!!!

freeman

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Hey I just watched Al Linder's Fishing Edge and he was vertically jigging vibrating rip and raps. They were slaying the walleye in deep water. They let it sink to bottom and then jig and rip.

gevin

« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2016, 05:40 AM »
I have done good with silver blade :D

bowhunter

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 05:55 PM »
leech and a green jighead

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 06:45 PM »

Much of it depends on the body of water , I drift , jig and troll , most lakes it’s blades ,jigging raps , bucktails, far as trolling shad raps  and sticks,, but spinner and worm work well  , shore casting in the spring and fall it’s sticks , see if you can find someone willing to share that fishes it , it will save money and time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.