FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: crawler rigs  (Read 3954 times)

bayonne

crawler rigs
« on: Jun 29, 2005, 06:12 PM »
any sugestions on useing spinner rigs never fished them yet is it best to drift them or troll them

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.

bayonne

Re: crawler rigs
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2005, 05:37 PM »
thanks i will be going camping at a state park with a great eye fishery they shocked fish in the teens so you can never tell

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2005, 05:55 PM »
I like to use my spinner rigs behind a bottom bouncer, it keep the bait up off the bottom, out of the snags and in the main strike zone. I use both a troll and a drift both work well. Like Mac said you can really get a many different species using spinner rigs. ;D

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

fly-in

« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Since you guys were saying that these lures are so hot I thought I would give one a try, boy do I love fishing for walleye on crawler rigs now. They seam to out fish everything else.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2005, 10:30 PM »
put a leech on one!  :whistling:  :bowdown:

fly-in

« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2005, 05:49 PM »
I started with power leeches then tried power crawlers, but the worms were too long, halfs worked well too.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Try real leeches!

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #8 on: Aug 04, 2005, 10:12 PM »
real worms... and i dont know if it matters or if anyone else does it, it put it on the hooks backwards (meaning the lighter part or tail of the worm on the first or top hook, then more of the body on the second and last hook, leaving the dark brown or head part of the worm hook free) ... it has always worked better in catch ratio for me...

but leeches have out fished every d**n worm i have ever used...lol  real leeches too, not the phoney-boloney stuff...( put the sucker part of the leech in the top hook and stretch it out getting the body on the other hooks. ) it wont look like there is alot hanging off at the end, but those leeches stretch amazingly once in the water...

THE WALLYS LOVE 'EM!

fly-in

« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I should try some really leeches, can you rig them also so the lure is weedless, the fake leaches and worms work well if you rig them weedless then troll them into the weeds, I would keep my line in the water while everyone else would be reeling in their line, I would just head into the weeds and usally catch a walleye sometimes a jack.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2005, 01:09 AM »
 Have any of you ever tried those newer style of blades for the crawler rigs? I am thinking of the hatchet style blade or the smiles style blades.  Also have I was wondering if anyone have ever had any luck with the rattle beads on there spinner crawler rigs.
???

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.