FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: And people wonder why  (Read 6994 times)

Spikehorn11

Re: And people wonder why
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2008, 06:32 PM »
thought I'd post some pics of beaver.

68 ponder

August West

« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Come on guys...this is a fishing site...LET IT GO :-\

Don't give the non believers any reason to go after this site.

BTW Spike...nice Beaver :)

madbomber

« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2008, 08:03 PM »
There's no excuse for setting traps near public fishing holes (especially trout streams where people are more likely to wade)...PERIOD!!
I see no reason for people to fish near public trapping grounds  :-\
MADBOMBER

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #18 on: Apr 08, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Sorry but I don't see fishing as a valid comparison to trapping animals. 
I could argue for weeks here though and it wouldn't get through to most if anyone here.

Sure it is, ever heard of a tip up ? It falls under the same guidlines as a trap, and is basicaly considered a trap.

Argue for weeks about what ?  "your way is the right way or way it should be" mentality. LOL  thats exactly why you wouldn't get through to anyone, you wouldn't be preaching to the choir, ya know.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

OTIS

« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2008, 07:18 AM »
Sorry but I don't see fishing as a valid comparison to trapping animals. 
I could argue for weeks here though and it wouldn't get through to most if anyone here.

There's a group of people that think the same way as you, PETA.  You should check them out and leave us alone.

Spike, 68 pounds that's huge!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2008, 08:41 PM »
I TRAP AND ENJOY IT IT IS JUST LIKE ANY THING ELSE YOU HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT IT TO NOT HATE IT MANY PEOPLE FEEL ANIMALS DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS IT TRAPS COMPARED TO OTHER SPORTS BUT IF A TRAPPER KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND CHECKS HIS TRAPS ITS NO WORSE THAN HUTNING IF THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING ITS NO WORSE THAN A DEER BEING SHOT WRONG AND SUFFERING THE REAL PROBLEM IS IDIOTS LIKE THE ONE BEING DISCUSED HERE WHO DID NOT CHECK HIS TRAPS THEY DO RUIN IT FOR EVERY ONE AND NEED TO BE STOPPED AS THEY ARE NOT TRUE SPORTSMAN THE ISSUE OF SPORTSMAN STICKING TOGHETHER IS THE SAME AS IT WAS HERE IN MAINE A FEW YEARS BACK WITH THE BEAR REFURENDUM TRYING TO BAN THE HUNTING OF BEARS OVER BAIT OR WITH DOGS WHILE MANY OF THE SPORTSMAN WHO VOTED NO TO THIS DID NOT AND DO NOT HUNT BEAR OVER BAIT IT WAS AN ISSUE OF STOPPING THE ANTIS IN THEIR TRACKS SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT COME AFTER THE OTHER HUNTERS AND THEN FISHERMAN THEN THE BACK  YARD GARDINERS WHO GET MAD BECAUSE THE DEAR EAT THEIR GARDENS BUT IF ANY ONE ON HERE FEELS THAT TRAPPING IS WRONG PLEASE VOICE YOUR OPINION I WILL REPSECT IT I JUST WANT TO SEE WHAT IT IS THAT SO MANY PEOPLE FIND WRONG WITH IT AS I HAVE FOUND WITH MANY OTHERS THIER DISLIKES HAVE STARTED WITH THE ANTIS AND HAVE NO BACKING 

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:26 PM »
I TRAP AND ENJOY IT IT IS JUST LIKE ANY THING ELSE YOU HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT IT TO NOT HATE IT MANY PEOPLE FEEL ANIMALS DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS IT TRAPS COMPARED TO OTHER SPORTS BUT IF A TRAPPER KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND CHECKS HIS TRAPS ITS NO WORSE THAN HUTNING IF THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING ITS NO WORSE THAN A DEER BEING SHOT WRONG AND SUFFERING THE REAL PROBLEM IS IDIOTS LIKE THE ONE BEING DISCUSED HERE WHO DID NOT CHECK HIS TRAPS THEY DO RUIN IT FOR EVERY ONE AND NEED TO BE STOPPED AS THEY ARE NOT TRUE SPORTSMAN THE ISSUE OF SPORTSMAN STICKING TOGHETHER IS THE SAME AS IT WAS HERE IN MAINE A FEW YEARS BACK WITH THE BEAR REFURENDUM TRYING TO BAN THE HUNTING OF BEARS OVER BAIT OR WITH DOGS WHILE MANY OF THE SPORTSMAN WHO VOTED NO TO THIS DID NOT AND DO NOT HUNT BEAR OVER BAIT IT WAS AN ISSUE OF STOPPING THE ANTIS IN THEIR TRACKS SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT COME AFTER THE OTHER HUNTERS AND THEN FISHERMAN THEN THE BACK  YARD GARDINERS WHO GET MAD BECAUSE THE DEAR EAT THEIR GARDENS BUT IF ANY ONE ON HERE FEELS THAT TRAPPING IS WRONG PLEASE VOICE YOUR OPINION I WILL REPSECT IT I JUST WANT TO SEE WHAT IT IS THAT SO MANY PEOPLE FIND WRONG WITH IT AS I HAVE FOUND WITH MANY OTHERS THIER DISLIKES HAVE STARTED WITH THE ANTIS AND HAVE NO BACKING 

That is one hell of a capitalized run on.   Try some of these out sometime , . ? !' ............. ;D
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2008, 07:07 PM »
That is one hell of a capitalized run on.   Try some of these out sometime , . ? !' ............. ;D
Sorry I honestly didn't realise it was all capitals until I posted it and didn't want to retype it all

north54

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2008, 10:07 PM »
Give this a listen.   The first 3 or 4 minutes are about his music but then he gets into facts.

I think another thing alot of misinformed people may have the perception that the government just sells hunting and trapping licenses until they run out of paper.  Not so.  There's only so many tags allocated for certain areas.  After a survey count and several other factors, which here in Canada a questionaire is mailed to all hunters on success, they derive next years numbers. 

I suppose all the information and statistics in the world would not matter to certain borderline terrorist organizations since they don't even want the animals embarassed.  Go to youtube and watch Penn and Teller's show called Bullshit about Peta.

Anyways, give Uncle Ted a listen.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDK7RoRCxA&feature=related

I just had to add a modify here.  This subject has been done to death on several boards but is very important.  Most people do not realize how organized, albeit dabbling in terrorist activities, these organizations are.  It is very important you as sportsmen and women organize and support your local clubs, etc..... 

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Trapping animals should not be allowed anyway.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!  THe same as a slob fisher pulling out a big knot in his line cutting it and throwin 50-100 yrds of line into the water, not everyone does it, but the few idiots that do make it seem like we all do it, cuz only the negative actions get attention, not the positive.  THink for 2 seconds before making an ignorant post like that....  You're fueling the anti's argument, sportsmen turning against sportsmen, we're all out there for the same reason, the pure enjoyment and management of the wildlife placed on this earth.  THere are jerks in it all, hunting, fishing, trapping, EVERYTHING you do has the idiots in it that give the rest of us respectful outdoorsmen a bad name!!!
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

bil

« Reply #25 on: Jun 02, 2008, 12:36 PM »
shane take your anti attitude elsewhere

sperrin

« Reply #26 on: Jun 03, 2008, 11:37 AM »
Don't fuel PETA with anymore crazy statements of anti talk...there more then wrong all on their own!

The guys here that fish and trap probably care more about the conservation of wildlife then anyone else out there! Without them our sport is gone...

Stevo
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

freshfish

« Reply #27 on: Jun 03, 2008, 12:20 PM »
You are a hypocrite.
It doesn't matter what it is, if the person is unethical they are unethical but don't infringe on my rights.

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #28 on: Jun 03, 2008, 05:06 PM »
Don't fuel PETA with anymore crazy statements of anti talk...there more then wrong all on their own!

The guys here that fish and trap probably care more about the conservation of wildlife then anyone else out there! Without them our sport is gone...

Stevo
thanks for that comment I know I am a conservationest in the biggest way to preserve the sports that I love to do huting fishing and trapping and the old saying from Ben Franklin "Hang together or we shall all asuredly hang seperate at the hand of the british" same thing here if we do not all stick together as outdoor sportsmen than we will all loose the sports we love to do weather it be huting fishing or trapping or all three

smeltslayer

• Hammering fish and Ticking people off!!
« Reply #29 on: Jun 03, 2008, 09:18 PM »
I found the tree hugging hippie. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.