FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tent or camper?  (Read 47167 times)

sageur

• wetter the water the better
Re: tent or camper?
« Reply #45 on: Apr 27, 2008, 05:09 PM »
I fish a river with Islands and its rather hard to set up a camper on a island.I like campers but the tent is more mobile for me.
I ember fishing the river and  camping out the it rained a lot the river was rising and overtaking the small island we were on. we were prepared for the rain and stayed to the last moment. Good fishing and being with Friend's that's what its about.We got a little wet but I would not change a thing. The memories of surviving the elemants will stay with me forever.And I look forward to the next time.Besides I'd rather be on the water fishing rather in a camper.

MnSportsman

• 21 inch Brown. Tied Personal Best, 30 yrs apart
« Reply #46 on: Apr 28, 2008, 04:04 PM »
I didn't read this whole topic yet,at least not right now,as I have limited time to post, but I am posting so that I can follow this one. It's been pretty good from what I've read so far.

Nice topic Billditrite!:D

I have used tents & campers, but my family & I like the mobility of tents. We still have our P/Up camper, it's been all over the midwest & to the east coast & back, but the tents seem to get used more. At least in late spring /summer /early fall.
  But, It sure is nice to have the camper on the truck when deer hunting and it's cold out...
;)
Not to mention some of those early spring Trout fishing adventures, or Spring Fishing opener....
;)
oh,   & I forgot waterfowling...
;)
You get my point...
:D

2 Browns & a rainbow                Chubby BlueGills with Shoulders. :)

walkerd

• Cherish each day you dont know when it will end!!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 27, 2009, 07:45 AM »
I like a tent, we have a nice two room tent. We used to have a popup but I must confess I did like it alot, still dont know why I sold the ole rockwood but I did. The popup is basically like a tent but a few more options, alot dryer, and easy to set up. Maybe someday I will get another popup. Probably not to soon as no job = no money.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #48 on: Feb 27, 2009, 10:03 AM »

Open front Adirondack Lean- To...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #49 on: Feb 27, 2009, 11:45 AM »
We had a camper for 15 years and after the kids got older I sold it and went back to a tent. It's just less space to store when not in use, which got to be 364 days a year as the kids grew out of camping and into boyfriends and girlfriends.  If the weathers bad I sleep in the Expedition. If the weathers decent I usually sleep in a lean to or small tent out on a beach along the Missouri River.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

woodfolks

• woodfolks.com
« Reply #50 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:26 PM »
tent camper all the way
I have a lot of tents
Gander Mnt pack tents and smaller dome tent
A ve24 north face ive had for ever

Also a Big horn 2 with stove 12 x 14 feet
and a titanium goat 6.5  with wood stove
teepee will use that untill the bugs get bad

I also have an outback lodge 4 man ( not my favorite tent)
It is good with the son and his friend. Dont like the zipper
keeps the bugs out I have been thinking of getting a bigger
dome to replace it

with the bigger tents I bring a cot unless packing
I also use the cot at friends hunting camp so I have a bed when I go

Mainehazmt

« Reply #51 on: Mar 14, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Camper all the way   started with tents  moved to a pop up  got a 27' class a   but too expensive to run  4mpg   now downsized to a 22' fifth wheel   gotta have the toys!    TV satellite   microwave   but I'm ruffing it  with this one  no AC  yet!    warm all year long!   never wet!   I also have had several small trailers in the past    just renovated one a few yrs back and sold it
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

Ice Dawg

« Reply #52 on: Apr 01, 2009, 04:42 PM »
I have a 32' fifth wheel with double slides. It's just about right since most of the time there are five of us and two dogs when we use it. When my brother pulls in next to me with his 41' diesel pusher I kind of feel like I'm from the wrong side of the tracks until I think of how much less I spent for my rig. Around here most camping is done in a campground with electricity , showers and stuff. If I want to rough it, I still have four tents and my brother has a slide in pickup camper for when it's just the two of us.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

bucky75

« Reply #53 on: Apr 06, 2009, 08:39 PM »
I got a 18' Mallard from a friends parents last year.  Now that I got this the wife doesnt mind camping so much.  We started with the tent then a pop up, now with this she started asking a month ago when we where going to get out and start camping this year.  I guess I did the right thing getting it.  Even the kids enjoy using it better than the pop up.  I guess cause it has a bathroom w/shower.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #54 on: Apr 08, 2009, 09:14 PM »
My wife started talking about getting the camper home about a month ago when it was snowed in. Now the roads are flooded and I still can't get it home.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Mainehazmt

« Reply #55 on: Apr 13, 2009, 07:16 AM »
Got mine out yesterday    1 day to reinstall the fifth wheel hitch  and 6:30 am the next morning to pull it out as the ground was froze    1st year in a long time I will not have deep ruts in my yard!    but it is snowing now   lol    3+ inches of new white stuff  :(
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

pascoag icefisher

« Reply #56 on: Mar 08, 2013, 08:55 PM »
A tent but would like a camper.

IceBalls

• I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #57 on: Mar 26, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Bought a Pop-Up camper in 1971 and used it until two years ago, when I gave it to my son (he's been bugging me for it for years and he's got five girls, so, what the H####).  Went out then and bought a complete tent camping set up and had fun with it for two years, but yesterday I saw an ad for a really nice older pop-up by Coleman which the owner had not used for 15 years.  New guy bought it and "pimped it out " with Microwave, Flat ScreenTV, full electrical and water hookups and much more, but had to sell it (divorce).  Bought it today !!!  Can't wait to get back "On The RoadAgain".

Anybody know where to get a small, thru the wall furnace for Winter camping??

IceBalls

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #58 on: Mar 26, 2013, 09:31 PM »
Buy a buddy heater. I used to use mine in my pop up all the time. Heats it up great and has a low o2 shut off.

backwoodswalker

« Reply #59 on: Jun 17, 2013, 10:08 AM »
Started out with a quilt strung between 2 trees. That was 45 years ago. Used tents till I hit 40. My back cant take it anymore. Air mattress may help. Bought a Viking pop up and my wife loved it.  Sold it and went to a 22 foot Layton hardside and we both liked it. When gas prices went nuts we went back to popup. Got a Jayco. I suppose we will use it till I tip over. Does everything we need of it. Warm and dry. I still have a cap on my pickup and sleep in it on early spring trout fishing trips.  Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.