FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tips & tricks  (Read 35045 times)

Hood

Re: tips & tricks
« Reply #15 on: Jul 06, 2005, 02:51 PM »
my backpack always has a homemade survival kit for at least 24 hours in it

also wiglr hes not joking dried turds work for starting fires we will have to experiment next time we are with nick and see if tossing them in the air dries them quicker ;D

The terd post was not a joke even though it soundsl like it, native americans used to save buffalo crap and flatten it into "buffal chips" and carried it with them as fire starter.
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Jul 06, 2005, 03:10 PM »
the survival books are handy, just burn the pages when you need a fire! ;D

Hood

« Reply #17 on: Jul 06, 2005, 03:39 PM »
the survival books are handy, just burn the pages when you need a fire! ;D

HAHA, im a fan of steel wool and a 9 volt, i dunno if u guys caught the gilligan's island show but the poor idiots had to make a fire to light a torch then a signal fire to win, they had steel wool and 9 volts, also were matches but only one guy found it and he eventually won. There were tinder bundles and all sorts of fire making stuff in their boxes. man i wish i was in the running for that, theres a kick *** wilderness camp in vermont that i went to for 2 summers that taught all about surviving in the woods, shelters, foraging, 1 2 and 3 day hikes and a 7 day canoe trip through a wilderness area in maine, gotta wake at 6 am every day for a run and workout then a bath in the lake then to cook breakfast over your own fire, theres a solo overnight at the end to test the skills learned, i think its ages 10-16, activites are fishing, shooting, archery, ropes course, kayak/canoe, blacksmithing (awesome), rock climbing and a few others..If your interested let me know and ill send some info. This place really taught me a lot of stuff about the woods and survival, they also have a killer lake they stock every other year with rainbows which grow huge since there is no fishin pressure aside from the few fish campers pull out each summer.

archbishop

« Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2005, 04:31 AM »
COME ON GUYS THIS IS A GREAT TOPIC.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER TIPS OR TRICKS YOU USE WHILE CAMPING?
sorry about caps lock, im too lazy to re-type it ;D

butterworm

« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2005, 07:20 AM »
O yeah, dried up terds also start fires, especially vegetarian critter terds. Know your scat!
cow patties and methane gas? yeah i would say that would help start a fire.

archbishop

« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2006, 03:32 PM »
well guys, its that time of year again, time to break out the tents and camping gear :tipup:
anyone got any new tricks or experiences with ones on here from last year ???

Hood

« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2006, 06:11 PM »
another good fire starter told to me recently...you lip gloss which is rich in petroleum catches good

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2006, 07:08 PM »
An unlubricate condom works good to store water in and it doesn't take up a lot of room in your wallet. Can also be used in other emergency situations as well. ;D

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Ice Dawg

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2006, 09:06 PM »
An unlubricate condom works good to store water in and it doesn't take up a lot of room in your wallet. Can also be used in other emergency situations as well. ;D
Good one!! ;D :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :evil:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 11:45 AM »

:sick: :sick:

Pikeguy

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 12:33 PM »

Unlubricated and preferably unused as well  ;)

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 02:07 PM »
1.)If lost find an area that you can see the tops of pine trees. Since the prevailing wind in North America is from west to east, the tree tops bend towards the east and the the branches will be longer on the east side than the west side. 
2.)Balsam Fir will burn even if green.
3.) Shredded paper birch bark is a good fire starter (don't rip off trees, get it from the ground)
4.) Bite the head off of grubs before you eat them.
5.) take a small twig between 1/2 and 2 inches long, 1/8-1/4 inch wide. Sharpen both ends, put a tie string to the middle, bait with grubs or worms on both ends and fish. If it breaks or you loose your wooden hook you can always make more.
6.) If lost and hungry, find a porcupine. They are easy to kill with a club, and their belly meat is edible without cooking it.

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 03:16 PM »
If you're ever in a life & death situation w/o fresh water, tie anything cloth and absorbent to your legs/feet and walk throught the weeds/grass in the morning, ring em out and drink up!

If you carry a knife, matches/lighter, and extra socks...for the most part your good to go.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Unlubricated and preferably unused as well  ;)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 11:18 AM »
How about some gas and a bic lighter... :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.