FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish and Mushroom report  (Read 7521 times)

fishinator

Re: Fish and Mushroom report
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 2021, 01:38 PM »
Only had an hour to look. Found enough to take camping this weekend.  Found about twice as many dried up as I picked. I'm pretty sure they were up the last time I looked and I just missed them.  Sometimes I think I find about 10% and walk by 90%.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2021, 06:11 PM »
Had to go to Laporte for training,but school isn’t bad when you can hunt schrooms after

redjones

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2021, 10:46 AM »
Picked a few yesterday.

Greg

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2021, 06:35 PM »
A bit too breezy to fish,so I did my last hunt for morels,ended up with 3 lbs for the weekend.The ticks are ridiculous picked eight off after I was done .I think this will be the end around here

2LMKR2

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2021, 08:43 PM »
Found over 100 blacks again Saturday and a few more with some yellows mixed in today. May look again in a couple of days but I think I'm about done and ready to find some fish!

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2021, 07:58 PM »
Didn’t want to fish in the rain,but hunted fresh yellows

staubsaugen

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2021, 01:54 PM »
It's been a disappointing morel year at my place. Dribs and drabs of various morels, but no solid flushes. I've nearly given up hope. Did want to post a pic showing difference between a true black morel and a false(though edible we've found) morel. The false morels we find mostly under poplars. The true blacks are in a place with no defined characteristics though we've found a few most years in the same spot for 7+years. The true morel stems are integrated all the way to the top of the mushroom. The false stems separate before the top. In the pic if it shows up like I think the bottom is true, and top false.

staubsaugen

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2021, 01:58 PM »
Got a nice mixed bag yesterday (including some bass and a nice walleye not included in the pic). Fun day with a good friend and some nice fillets to ice the cake.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Nice mess!

Hexagenia51

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2021, 08:33 AM »
We always called the last pictured rooms “beefsteaks” and I know people that eat them! The first pictured rooms we called “caps or dog peckers “. I usually gave them away! Hex

2LMKR2

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2021, 03:39 PM »
We always called the last pictured rooms “beefsteaks” and I know people that eat them! The first pictured rooms we called “caps or dog peckers “. I usually gave them away! Hex

When I was young we called them elephant ear mushrooms. I was told back then they were good to eat but never did just to be on the safe side.

2LMKR2

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2021, 03:41 PM »
The wind and cold weather seems to have moved the fish I was on so I decided to go look for mushrooms today. It was well worth the walk.

Dinkgetter

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2021, 05:18 AM »
Hunted morels and fished with my good friend Don on Wednesday 5/12 in the Ashley, Indiana area. The nest with eggs are killdeer.

bigr

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2021, 05:44 AM »
This may have been the best season I've ever had in 55 yrs of hunting. Bumper crop and I've been picking for 5+ weeks now. Worked on the property yesterday and took a quick walk on trails to the same old spots that we have already picked hundreds from and found several more that looked like they had just came up. I'm in the Wabash area, N.e.central part of the state. 

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2021, 10:30 AM »
I’m with you on the best morel season in yrs.I’ve picked 20 lbs and am still picking.But I do think it’s getting to the end 🥲

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.