FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: carp fishing  (Read 4241 times)

red_eyes

carp fishing
« on: Apr 24, 2004, 11:20 AM »
any1 know of any good spots to catch, carp at onota, and pontoosuc, and what they are hitting on.

bongsmoker

Re: carp fishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2004, 06:58 AM »
oatmeal balls   and  bread balls    squish the bread around a hook and throw in the frezzer the night before you go they will thaw in the watter

red_eyes

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 09:56 AM »
Carp have been hitting really good at onota on bread balls, got 5 carp so far, two 8lbers, one 9 1/2 lber, one 11lber, and biggest so far this year for me 14lbs 30"

bassfisher32

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2004, 10:56 AM »
we went last night on the meramack river on the mass nh border got no carp but got 2 smallmouths on carp bait.

troutfinder22

• Catchin theese fish like its goin out of style
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2004, 11:00 PM »
You sure thats  a fish story  I am sure u guys wernt sober last night Did u even go to NH??

bassfisher32

« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2004, 09:48 AM »
smoke another trout finder we would have taken you but your shaddow was around

troutfinder22

• Catchin theese fish like its goin out of style
« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2004, 10:31 AM »
thats a bunch of crap she was home and in bed bye12 (she had to work in the morn)  U dont here me complaining about your shadow  ( FB

bassfisher32

« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2004, 06:33 AM »
mine hase been in huston for thee weeks whats to complane about  i havent fished this much in years and i still have 12 days left ;D

mullen2525

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2004, 12:53 AM »
theres a little pond near my house which holds many small carp averaging in the 13 inch range,  I catch these on bobber and worms and bobber and bread balls well the other day we nearly landed a monster(for this pond) of around 20 inches but he snapped the line.  Now the small carp are fun to catch because they are abundant but knowing there are some larger ones here excites me even more. I basically would like some tips on how to catch these small ones but still attract the larger ones every once in  a while.  any tips on rigs or line test that would be suitable to catch larger as well as the smaller fish would be appreciated

jf5

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2004, 03:45 PM »
I think that you can beef up the line test and it wouldn't hurt you that much. My experience with carp has lead me to think that they are not line shy.

buzzbomb

« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2004, 09:22 AM »
If you're ledgering (think Lindy/slipsinker rig) keep the terminal rig (hair rig or whatever) a couple of pounds less breaking srength  than your mainline so it doesn't become a death rig/tether rig if it breaks. Carp, especially big ones, like to head straight for snags when hooked.  There are lead clips available so if your weight gets snagged you can just break the clip off and not lose any of your other tackle.  good luck to you!

red_eyes

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30, 2004, 10:44 AM »
I use 10 lb line, med - heavy rod - reel, treble hook, and boober at top, you dont need sinkers, cuz the weight of the bread balls will get you out far enough, set the bobber 2- 4 ft from the bait

mullen2525

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2004, 03:58 PM »
i'll give your methods a try, and yeah buzzbomb these guys love to head for snags the pond i fish for these small guys was flooded above its normal level by some beavers so theres a bunch a small trees in the water and everytime you reel in a fish they take off for these groups of trees, makes it a little fun they fight hard although i've lost a few this way  :-\

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Never fished for carp, but i wlill take this info into consideration.
GIT _ R _ DONE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.