FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: funny  (Read 2688 times)

bassfisher32

funny
« on: Aug 28, 2004, 02:04 PM »
DULUTH, Minn. - An 11-year-old boy was out hunting frogs on Island Lake when he became the prey. A large fish, probably a muskellunge or a northern pike, attacked the boy about 5 p.m. Thursday as he and his young sister were wading in a foot of water.

The resulting wounds on Mason DeRosier's feet and hands required 11 stitches to close.

Mason's father, Richard DeRosier, was in a paddle boat just offshore during the attack. DeRosier, a Lake County deputy sheriff, said he was facing the children when he saw a huge swirl in the water.

"Before I can say 'Holy moley! Look at that!', all of a sudden the swirl is by their feet," he said.

Mason said he saw the fish splash just offshore. "It was like, maybe, 5 feet in front of us," Mason said. "Then it splashed right at my foot and bit me. It hurt."

It didn't let go. "I smacked it in the head and tried to pry it off my foot," Mason said. "He let go, but he bit my hand."

The sister wasn't hurt.

Mason was taken in back to the family's cabin to wash the wounds, then he was off to the hospital.

He received eight stitches in his left hand and three in the bottom of his right foot. He has numerous other bite marks across the top of his foot, his dad said.

"I'll bet he has 20 cuts on his foot and 10 cuts on his hand," Richard DeRosier said.

he should have eye held em it works every time

mullen2525

Re: funny
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2004, 11:57 PM »
dont see that everyday

troutfinder22

• Catchin theese fish like its goin out of style
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2004, 03:50 PM »
I dont see how a little kid getting hurt is funny,  maybe if it was a an adult like you I could get a few laughs out of it

mullen2525

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2004, 11:43 PM »
i dont think anyone thinks its funny in that sense, but the probability of that happening is kind of impressive i dont think he meant it as hey laugh cuz this kid got hurt type thing, at least the kid didnt get hurt that bad.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2004, 05:50 AM »
in a week that kid will be running around like nothing ever happened,but what a story he will have to tell forever. i reacted the same way at first, then i thought how many times do we laugh at something in life that wasnt very funny when it happened. great story we can all relate too.i can recall about 12 or so years ago , a woman got a toe bitten off by a bluefish while swimming at a local beach.we laughed and crack jokes to this day and ill bet she does too!
Scotty 

bassfisher32

« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2004, 07:52 PM »
i didnt mean it was funny that he got hurt but just think how many times you've been fishing and didnt get anything and that poor kid just wanted to get a couple of frogs and got alot more.

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2005, 07:27 AM »
 :o WOW!
GIT _ R _ DONE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.