FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hopkinton res, Hopkinton Ma  (Read 2786 times)

Mark Barlow

Hopkinton res, Hopkinton Ma
« on: Apr 03, 2005, 05:46 PM »
 I stopped by the Hopkinton res today with Bev and there was still some ice left on there from the boat ramp to about the middle. We ended up going into the corner of it off RT 85 and tried our luck at some trout where there was open water. We got a bunch of hits but couldn't land any. There were a couple of guys there that had a couple of rainbows.

big big rdg

Re: Hopkinton res, Hopkinton Ma
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2005, 07:09 PM »
What were you using? Ive been out trout fishing 3 times already(not very long) but havent gotten a hit yet.
FSHON!

Mark Barlow

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2005, 08:28 PM »
 I was using the chartrusse powerbait and so weren't the guys next to us with the rainbows.

big big rdg

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2005, 08:33 PM »
How do rig with the power bait? I havent gone trout fishing much and want to start... Any help would be great, Thanks
FSHON!

n1pj

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I was using the chartrusse powerbait and so weren't the guys next to us with the rainbows.

Hi Mark, How far was the hook from the weights. I might try out the pond this week after work.

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I use a sliding egg sinker about 2 ft from the hook. I use a small split shot to stop the sliding weight or a barrel swivel. Ball up a chewing gum peice of powerbait and mold it around the hook. The Powerbait floats. ;)

n1pj

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2005, 02:34 PM »
I use a sliding egg sinker about 2 ft from the hook. I use a small split shot to stop the sliding weight or a barrel swivel. Ball up a chewing gum peice of powerbait and mold it around the hook. The Powerbait floats. ;)

Thanks I will have to try that. I might go to the Stillwater river tonight to try to catch some rainbows. Brian (escapeisnever) was there last saturday and caught 1. I guess some people next to him caught 2 decent ones using power bait.

deerhunter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2005, 06:05 AM »
try,d the res last night just before dark. nobody was catching anything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.