FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cabela's Whuppin' Stick for pike  (Read 4614 times)

mrcrowley138

Cabela's Whuppin' Stick for pike
« on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:33 PM »
I just ordered a 6'6'' medium action Whuppin' Stick from Cabela's and I was wondering if anyone else has used these or similar rods for pike. I've heard nothing but good things about them, and my fishin' buddy always uses one. They seem quite versitile especially with a $19.99 price tag. Any first hand experience that you could share would be appreciated. Also I was wondering what the best inexpensive lines would be in the 20-30 lb line class (preferably not spider wire). Thanks in advance and best of luck now let's get rid of the darn ice here in the north!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: Cabela's Whuppin' Stick for pike
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Whuppin stick is very similar to the ugly sick by Shakespeare. You will find it is a very handy rod for live bait and trolling due to its slow action. It will give you a nice soft "lob" cast for live bait and a handy cushion to prevent the hooks from ripping out when trolling fast.

Spider wire Stealth, sorry ;D I love the stuff. Use a steel leader.

Ice is nice, go enjoy it!

skeeter24

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Won't be long, ice will be out soon and pike will be biting!  Maybe try flourocarbon line, bit cheaper than spider wire

jacksmelt

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 09:44 AM »
i have the 7'2'' heavy action whuppin' stick i use to troll for muskie. great rod for the money and has more give than other heavy action rods. you'll never break the thing.
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.