FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anti Pike Managment. Disrespect for a premier game fish.  (Read 13655 times)

bottomfeeder

Re: Anti Pike Managment. Disrespect for a premier game fish.
« Reply #30 on: Aug 13, 2005, 12:17 PM »
That guy must really be a DICK. He will get his someday.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #31 on: Aug 21, 2005, 10:53 PM »
i don't even know what to say, why would somebody even do this, i bet hes never caught a fish that fought as good as that pike did either. but just cause it is "interfering" with his trout fishing he has to kill it. that makes me sick :sick: :sick:  :cursing: :cursing:
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #32 on: Aug 22, 2005, 12:24 AM »
i don't even know what to say, why would somebody even do this, i bet hes never caught a fish that fought as good as that pike did either. but just cause it is "interfering" with his trout fishing he has to kill it. that makes me sick :sick: :sick:  :cursing: :cursing:

If you lived in Colorado you would be vomiting an awful lot. No bag limit statewide on pike and in the wonderful pike fishery on the Yampa River, where one could once catch 20 pike from 25 - 40" per day apiece, and still about 6 apiece in that size this day, the state division of wildlife, in tandem with the US FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE, are simply shocking and killing hundreds of pike per year on the river and leaving them to rot, along with any smallmouth bass they get too.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #33 on: Aug 22, 2005, 12:25 PM »
maybe you should up here to vermont mackdady, we have BOTH northern and trout fishing, many good lakes have bothe species.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

bottomfeeder

« Reply #34 on: Aug 22, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Same here in the Adirondacks, good, trout, pike and bass fishing and i love it all.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #35 on: Oct 07, 2005, 08:34 PM »
Found a lake here in Colorado that still has tons of pike. In two days I caught 43 pike, though mostly small, I did hook one well over 40." In another trip, I caught 16 at this lake. Most fish caught on a 1/4 cavitron buzzbait with a black skirt.
Still we ran into one trout fly fishermen who told us that the CDOW doesn't want people to let pike go and wants people to keep them all to "protect the trout". We told him to go screw off. The lake also has great fishing for trout while still having craploads of pike. And guess what? The pike in this lake feed primarly on CRAWFISH. With the huge crawfish population, the pike hang in the weedy coves and stuff themselves on the craws, eating very few small trout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.