FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best Open Water Pike Lure  (Read 25766 times)

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
Re: Best Open Water Pike Lure
« Reply #45 on: Jun 12, 2006, 06:38 AM »
It really depends on the time of year. In the spring, I like suspending jerkbaits like huskyjerks and Smithwick Rogues, and soft plastic jerkbaits. In the summer smaller swimbaits like rapalas, spinnerbaits, and  Mepps bucktail spinners work. In the fall I like BIG spinners, 10" Fin-S fish soft jerkbaits (great around boats and docks), and big spoons (red/white daredevil, 5 o'Dimonds).

For colors....firetiger, perch, white and silver, silver/black, hot orange/Chart.

King Fisher

• Born to FISH forced to WORK!
« Reply #46 on: Jun 12, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Looks like this post is settled, I agree with the quote above.  8)

brycer

« Reply #47 on: Jul 07, 2006, 09:52 PM »
sorry I would have to say one method nobody mentioned.  Big smelts on bobbers. I have done alot of fishing in northern manitoba which is home to some massive pike (like in my photo under biggest pike) And the best and seemed to have the fish most interested is suspended but dead 8 to 10" fish of your choice hanging from a bobber.  Just always seems to outfish artificial baits wether they are active or not they will go for it. Caught many trophy's that way, well its the only way we do it now.

WeaponsOfBassDestruction

• I Need More Cowbell!
« Reply #48 on: Jul 11, 2007, 04:44 PM »
By far my favorite go to lure would have to be a Johnson silver minnow weedless spoon. i usually use either silver or gold and have the best luck trolling them.

tomy26

• Big pike :))
« Reply #49 on: Nov 02, 2007, 01:17 AM »
hello newbie in this good i nice site my favorit is
Agila No.5 Vibrax No.5 Spinnerbite  Husky yerk lots colors X-rap that for me... 
---- Catch & Release -----

Buck762

• When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Fish There Too!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 13, 2008, 11:27 AM »
A big 'ol booyah spinner bait (chartruese), rapala shad rap in firetiger, or a red and white daredevil spoon.

natorious

« Reply #51 on: Mar 25, 2008, 01:05 PM »
#4 or #5 aglias work great for me.  Sometimes I'll use some smelly jelly on the blade to try and get a few more hookups.  The smelly jelly seems to be really productive in some lakes, but not in others.  Also, an Erie Dearie with some smelt on the trailer hook works well.

JCaughtem

• Warning....These fish bite!
« Reply #52 on: Mar 25, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Colorado has lakes with good pike populations, but the action is often slow as the pike are well fed.
I just want to know, what is your favorite lure for numbers of pike? I have had the most luck on big spinners, spinnerbaits, soft plastic jerkbaits, and soft grubs or soft shad bodies like sassy shads on jigheads. What do you guys like for the elusive pike?

Tyler
Mepps #5 w/ no bucktail but w/ 3inch  curley tail grub then storm pike minnow swim bait .

sperrin

« Reply #53 on: Apr 21, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Good old 5 of Diamonds!! Can't go wrong with old faithfull.  8) Always lots of pike action on those spoons.
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

pikefishmen

« Reply #54 on: Jul 17, 2008, 11:11 AM »
1. Spinnerbaits
2. Buzz baits
3. Blue Fox Super Vibrax Spinners
4. Rat-L-Trap
5. Johnson Silver Minnow
6. Mann's 1-Minus
7. Dardevle

Pike_Hunter

« Reply #55 on: Jul 17, 2008, 02:54 PM »
i just went to the store yesterday and bought 2 of my go to lures for pike there made by a company called Apex tackle it's a 3.5 inch firetiger spoon.normally i get them snagged up on bottom and lose them. that's why i just got 2 more.as for top water pike lures i always use a weedless topwater frog.they love those too. these work well too but the neighbors don't like it.. :laugh: yellow is a key color for Pike fishing IMO..

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #56 on: Apr 27, 2009, 09:13 AM »
WILLIAMS WABBLER. BIGGEST THEY'VE GOT, TROLLED REAL SLOWWWW

Pike_Hunter

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2009, 08:23 PM »
 ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com