FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FLOATING GAZEBO  (Read 6814 times)

NoGood

FLOATING GAZEBO
« on: Oct 01, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Here something I received in a email and thought this is a pretty sweet idea.

I was going to build the Gazebo on the edge of my dock down by the lake but I thought .....I might just as well build the deck with floats on it and I can then take it out fishing too. Has 15,000# capacity. The deck is 18ft x 18ft with 12 plastic foam filled dock floats that are 4ft x 4ft by 18 inch. high.and the Gazebo is 10 ft. Hexagon with a table and chairs inside.

Under the table is my trolling motor so I can take it out to my favorite fishing hole. The trolling motor is remote controled wireless so I can be fishing outside and operate the motor.
On the top of the table I have a LOWRANCE Fish-Finder with depth sounding sonars and temp gauge.

I have 2 electric winchs with 40# anchors. I have also built in a water pump so I can clean the fish right on the spot. Now I can relax and fish while my wife can sit and relax.

Fish Farmer

Re: FLOATING GAZEBO
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2008, 11:19 AM »
My friend's dad did something similar with the traditional floating rafts that you see in front of every lake cottage in the summer. His was simple, built a transon for the gas motor, put the picnic table with umbrella in the center, add some side supports. I would think you would need to register it like a boat if had a motor on it.

MrMarty51

« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2008, 11:37 AM »
I like the weather vane on top.Lets em know which direction they`re heading.  ;D

"Every hour a person spends fishing is not taken from their lives"
                   Quote from Grant Boyson

Bailbuster

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2008, 09:06 PM »
My wife's grand dad has a floating dock ,fishing platform with a 25hp Johnson set up like a tunnel drive on a lake in Alabama ,it is 10 X16 I think ,when we first got married we would go down every summer ,had some good times on that baby.I will look for some photos.BB

knight rider

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Seen one of those on Bow Lake, NH. Pretty cool. Nice place to swill a few cold ones with friends.

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Thats awesome...

I live on a little lake here in Albany, NY and just got a sweet idea on what to do with that crappy floating platform that was partially sunk outside my beach when I moved in...

I think my old Minn Kota would push it along nicely...  And maybe an extra battery for the mood lighting?  :o

Regardless, I think the chicks would dig it- and hell- I could grill up some burgers and fry up some Pannies right there 'on site'... 

Thanks for giving me something to think about all winter long...  Besides counting down the days until Trout Season '09 rolls around...

"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2008, 06:20 PM »
If I had one of those, I think I could actually get the wife to go out fishin' with me :laugh:

But I don't think she would after she saw the price tag ::)

Pretty Cool Post- NoGood

brokenline

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:14 AM »
i want to do this with my 21foot pontoon  use a forklift and put my small fish house on it...
still waiting on free willy

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2009, 11:11 PM »
want!!! :o :o ;D
i am jealous! that's like, the awesomest thing i have ever seen! i love it!

rlowery

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2009, 05:15 PM »
just cut some holes in the floor and it's like ice fishing. that is a sweet setup.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.