FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Travers Last Weekend...  (Read 1676 times)

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
Travers Last Weekend...
« on: Jun 16, 2007, 09:58 PM »
Well - first time to Travers last weekend.  With a few pointers and a new fish finder we decided to do some touring and see what we could come up with.  Water temp was 59-61 degrees.  Most fish we found on the finder were holding in 20+ feet of water, somtimes down to 35 feet.  Lots o little 'handles in the shallows (2-6 ft of water) but nothing of any size.  Was able to land a couple keeper size pike for lunch, and probably 30 - 40 that went back.  Couldn't locate the walleye and / or get them to bite.  According to locals they were hiding in 35' of water and biting very lightly.  Oh well - had a great weekend.  Managed a couple whitefish and the second keeper pike on the jigs I recently started tying for myself.  The whitefish pics weren't taken with my camera but they weren't really pic worthy either (maybe 2lbs).

wildman

Re: Travers Last Weekend...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2007, 01:20 PM »
cool pics UL!!!
did you guys try for perch or whites at all??

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Hooked into a few whites with marabou jigs - didn't get any perch though.   Tough to find. :(

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Nice pics!!!

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.