FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 99477 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #435 on: Apr 11, 2021, 01:56 PM »
Very cool.  I'm going to get off the couch in 30 mins and gear up for the evening bite.

westernmas

« Reply #436 on: Apr 12, 2021, 08:04 AM »
Been slow so far for me as well.  I took the ride out to the Deerfield yesterday.  Outside of the Fife Brook Dam catch and release area I didn't see anyone having much luck (saw 2 solid bows landed).  I was really hoping that the overcast day would be in my benefit but I couldn't figure them out.  Water was super low as well.  We already need a good shot of rain.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #437 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:23 PM »
You can keep the rain.  Perfect flows right now!

lowaccord66

« Reply #438 on: Apr 20, 2021, 07:19 AM »
Finally the Farmington is waking up.  6-730 last night I found a decent group of rainbows and let them have it.  I stuck a heavy fish I never got to see.  Most likely a larger stocked rainbow.  Ended up with a half dozen.

Interestingly, I had to fish smaller flies than I would this early but hey it worked.  Pat double Tungsten beads tied closer together to get deep.  Top fly (first pic) got more action which could be a decent sign.  They are starting to look up.

westernmas

« Reply #439 on: Apr 20, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Finally the Farmington is waking up.  6-730 last night I found a decent group of rainbows and let them have it.  I stuck a heavy fish I never got to see.  Most likely a larger stocked rainbow.  Ended up with a half dozen.

Interestingly, I had to fish smaller flies than I would this early but hey it worked.  Pat double Tungsten beads tied closer together to get deep.  Top fly (first pic) got more action which could be a decent sign.  They are starting to look up.

Hendricksons should be right around the corner.  Should get the fish much more active.  Seeing tons of cased caddis in both the Farmy and westfield branches.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #440 on: Apr 24, 2021, 10:26 AM »
They are finally looking up and I must of happened upon a pile of recently stocked rainbows last night as I was in double digits an hour deep.  Love it when they grab the top fly.  Means they are moving to nab emergers.

bogtrotter

« Reply #441 on: Apr 24, 2021, 06:35 PM »
Congratulations, Jon!  Beautiful fish.  I'm glad to hear the action is heating up in your neck of the woods.

I wish I could say the same thing about things up my way - - The DFW has stocked the local streams, but the fish just don't seem to be hitting.

It's a little odd, too, because the stream levels are just about ideal (albeit low for this time of the year). 

I think it's the cold snaps we've had - - including snow just this past Thursday.

I've had to tide myself over eking out the occasional big sun fish (at Fish Pond) and little (3" to 8") brook trout (at my old reliable stream).

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #442 on: Apr 25, 2021, 01:18 PM »
cased caddis everywhere by me

lowaccord66

« Reply #443 on: Apr 26, 2021, 07:07 AM »
Fished 11 to 8 yesterday and last count in the first hour.  Great Hendrickson hatch. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #444 on: Apr 30, 2021, 07:49 AM »
2 evenings of slaying on the housy....interupted by a quickly rising river.

While most fishermen dislike dams...the benefit is on the farmington you generally won't see the water come up 100 cfs while your out there.  The housy will and did.  Made wading back to the truck more interesting...

Steve H.

« Reply #445 on: Apr 30, 2021, 08:25 AM »
Some very nice fish, Jon.  Love that chunk bow.  Need to get down there sometime.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #446 on: Apr 30, 2021, 10:11 AM »
Let me know Steve.  I have about 40 miles of water between two rivers so I'm happy to host anyone from the site that's interested in either river.  (Farmington I have 20 years on, the housy only 2 but the skills are transferable)

The housy is becomes smallie paradise as the water warms up and I have a really good bead on them!

Steve H.

« Reply #447 on: Apr 30, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Let me know Steve.  I have about 40 miles of water between two rivers so I'm happy to host anyone from the site that's interested in either river.  (Farmington I have 20 years on, the housy only 2 but the skills are transferable)

The housy is becomes smallie paradise as the water warms up and I have a really good bead on them!

Thanks! 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

bogtrotter

« Reply #448 on: Apr 30, 2021, 02:54 PM »
Very nice, brown!

Holy Toledo, the river really rose quickly according to that chart.

I imagine the high water will continue for awhile given all the rainy weather we've had the past few days.

Presumably, the "drought" that the weather folks have been talking about is over now.

lowaccord66

« Reply #449 on: Apr 30, 2021, 03:07 PM »
Jim you could tell it was going up while I was out there.  Also I realize I missed an email on our free fishing days.  Newborn aside I'd say you can plan on visiting.  More likely than not I will be able to visit the housy for a bit since it's 20 mins away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.