FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512797 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #765 on: Sep 29, 2016, 03:03 PM »
I can use my imagination ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #766 on: Sep 29, 2016, 03:05 PM »
This weekend my son and I are canning up some pickled onions and a batch of pickled hot peppers. I have a pretty fair crop of cowhorn and jalapeņo and Serrano  peppers left. We like them pickled on sandwiches, pizza, subs , salads and such. I'll pick up osme yellow banana peppers and maybe a basket of cherry peppers at the market on Saturday.

Any of you dry hot peppers? I've never tried it, but I'd like to.

Rg
I dehydrate most of my hots, We slice them thin, use all the seeds and pith. We blend Japs and Hungairans, grab some Habenaros from a friend and call it En Fuego..... And let me tell you I use it in about everything. You wont be disappointed. We started gifting a few shakers full to good friends last Christmas, they have not stopped asking to make sure we are doing it again ;D

drowndin dots

« Reply #767 on: Sep 29, 2016, 03:06 PM »

Dom, try it with spaghetti squash some time.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #768 on: Sep 29, 2016, 04:20 PM »
You talked me into it ;D

I'm hitting the farmers market this Saturday to get a stock of other peppers. Do you all just hang them to dry or do osme use a dehydrator? I don't need much of an excuse to buy one.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #769 on: Sep 29, 2016, 05:00 PM »
  any special recipe??

Nope, just soften the pasta so you can put it in the cups and fill with your favorite lasagna filling.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #770 on: Sep 29, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Dom, try it with spaghetti squash some time.

Squash instead of the lasagna pasta?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #771 on: Sep 29, 2016, 05:53 PM »
I can see spaghetti squash instead of the pasta. Love spaghetti squash.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #772 on: Sep 29, 2016, 06:23 PM »
Dom!  Those look awesome!  :clapping:
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #773 on: Sep 30, 2016, 05:24 AM »
Me to Bob, but how would you line the cups? Make it into a paste maybe?

Thanks Bill..

drowndin dots

« Reply #774 on: Sep 30, 2016, 05:26 AM »
You talked me into it ;D

I'm hitting the farmers market this Saturday to get a stock of other peppers. Do you all just hang them to dry or do osme use a dehydrator? I don't need much of an excuse to buy one.

Rg
I use the dehydrator, lay some foil over the tray and poke lots of little holes.

drowndin dots

« Reply #775 on: Sep 30, 2016, 05:27 AM »
Me to Bob, but how would you line the cups? Make it into a paste maybe?

Thanks Bill..
Shred it with a fork and layer it around the cups. I do Spaghetti squash Pie with meat sauce and mushrooms... Man it's good. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #776 on: Sep 30, 2016, 04:04 PM »
We have spaghetti squash casserole sometimes. Make it in layers with sauce and cheese.

I'm sure it will line the cups just fine. I'm looking for a couple good squash tomorrow morning at the farmers market. Gotta have a try with it.

Thanks DD. I'm starting a search for a dehydrator.  :w00t:

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #777 on: Sep 30, 2016, 04:24 PM »
We have spaghetti squash casserole sometimes. Make it in layers with sauce and cheese.

I'm sure it will line the cups just fine. I'm looking for a couple good squash tomorrow morning at the farmers market. Gotta have a try with it.

Thanks DD. I'm starting a search for a dehydrator.  :w00t:

Rg
We got ours from Gander. Works great ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #778 on: Sep 30, 2016, 06:06 PM »
I was looking at a 9 tray Excalibur, refurbished for around $180. Great reviews for All types of food.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #779 on: Oct 01, 2016, 07:08 AM »
This weekend's canning supplies  :w00t:

He cowhorn, Serrano and larger jalapeņo are from the garden. Got the onions, beans and smaller jalapeņo at the market. Those white onions are amazing. Very nice Amish farmer. Thought I'd do osme dilly beans too.

Also found a guy with 12 varieties of hot peppers ranging from hot to melt your face off. I might have to get some of those to dry.
Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.