FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512941 times)

fishin4eyes

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1455 on: Jul 23, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Ran into my first major problem starting this blueberry farm. Started rehilling my new plants after the rains and decided to do the same to the ones I put in last year. A lot of them just weren't growing like they should and weren't throwing any new shoots. Moles are going up each row and around every plant. Don't know a permanent fix. Caught 3 out of the same hole with mouse traps

boondox

« Reply #1456 on: Jul 23, 2017, 07:53 PM »

boondox, if you go to "images", click on the pic you want to post. When it comes up look to the lower right, "Sizes", click on "Huge Thumbnail". After that click on copy on the "BBCode" area. The pic will post nice.

If you use "Album" each picture in the album you selected will have a arrow pointing down next to "copy". When thing drop down you can click on "edit image" and the resize thing shows up in the top right of the pic. Click on the left number, change it to 580 and then click on the number on the left, it will automatically change, this size seems to work well. click on 'Save" and then back to that down arrow and click on "share the image". Click on copy on the BBCode area and post the pic.

Hope this makes sense and helps. This is what I do and it seems to works for me...

Thanks Bart it helped I got to down load it from imagur to my phone resize it then upload it again..  then go to edit then to a wrech then to resize.. then  save at 8 mp and share via imagur.. now it's rezise and works I have a older android s5 active so it does have different setting then say a s6  or etc..

boondox

« Reply #1457 on: Jul 23, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Peppers are doing good from the other day..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1458 on: Jul 24, 2017, 03:55 AM »
Ran into my first major problem starting this blueberry farm. Started rehilling my new plants after the rains and decided to do the same to the ones I put in last year. A lot of them just weren't growing like they should and weren't throwing any new shoots. Moles are going up each row and around every plant. Don't know a permanent fix. Caught 3 out of the same hole with mouse traps

This  worked for me on the little rodents. Just drop some pellets at an entrance hole or use the container to poke a hole into a tunnel.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1459 on: Jul 24, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Fishin4eyes there probably Voles not moles..  Look them up..   Moles eat worms and grubs.Are blind ,and never come to the surfice...  Voles eat plant roots and make holes to do it...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1460 on: Jul 24, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Novice tomato question: do you prune only the "sucker" branches of a plant, or any of the other leafy branches? I camped in the ADKs for a week and came back to tomato plants as tall as 5 '.

There are producing, but it seems that there is no need to include some of the non-producing branches

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1461 on: Jul 24, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Toga I always do ..Seems to work good....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1462 on: Jul 24, 2017, 12:07 PM »
Toga I always do ..Seems to work good....

Thanks Raquettedacker. I will get out there in a little bit. Enjoying the luxury for telecommuting today!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1463 on: Jul 24, 2017, 01:52 PM »
I just pruned off the non flowering branches on all my tomatoes.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishin4eyes

« Reply #1464 on: Jul 24, 2017, 02:05 PM »
Will that thing work on voles too? Man they make a mess

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1465 on: Jul 24, 2017, 04:07 PM »
I just pruned off the non flowering branches on all my tomatoes.

RG

I did the same to about 75% of them. Need to get back out there after cooking Mexican Monday dinner

fishin4eyes

« Reply #1466 on: Jul 24, 2017, 06:12 PM »
After some research they're  definetly not the field mouse looking vole

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1467 on: Jul 24, 2017, 06:47 PM »
The poison peanuts work on mice, moles and even chipmunks. I had terrible problems with tunnels and digging in my raised beds till I put out the stuff. None since.

Rg

fishin4eyes

« Reply #1468 on: Jul 24, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Do you buy them poisoned or do you have your own concoction. First time dealing with these buggers. Put peanut butter on the traps tonight. Got 3 without it. There's one that likes to bury the trap ill get him. Side note zucchini and peas are going crazy. Id post pics about my stuff if I knew how

boondox

« Reply #1469 on: Jul 24, 2017, 08:12 PM »
If you can't find those peanuts get some mouse poision and mix it into center of peanut butter.. if they are voles if not get a picture of them so we can give more help!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.