FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp time  (Read 7520 times)

greensider

Re: Carp time
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2019, 04:06 AM »
Simply just get a box of shredded wheat crush it ad a little water you can add wheat flower to its cheap easy and carp and catfish love it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2019, 07:02 AM »
I was looking at a couple recipes online. Some add jello packets for flavor. I've messed around with making boilies but never had much luck with them.

Do you chum at all, or just toss out the dough balls?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

greensider

« Reply #17 on: Jun 18, 2019, 09:52 AM »
Nothing needed here just the cereal

Hookset

« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2019, 11:37 AM »
I've added half a cantaloupe melon and the whole box of wheat flakes in a gallon ziplock, smash it all together and let it sit outside for a day or so.  Then throw it in the refrigerator and pull it out when it's time to bait up the treble.  When it's cold, it makes nice balls that I glob on a treble, occasionally with a worm pre-threaded on the treble.  Bullheads and cats also find it scrumptious, but so do the fallfish and rockies. I'm sure there are a billion recipes out there.  Tight lines!
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

greensider

« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2019, 03:50 PM »
Hit the hudson today with my wife we lost a bunch and had a few cut off on something on bottom and got a bunch of cats to but did manage to land a few

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #20 on: Jun 23, 2019, 05:47 PM »
greensider, very cool...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 23, 2019, 06:06 PM »
green this is a nice thread and I  been enjoying reading about your success .......good job to you and your lady 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #22 on: Jun 24, 2019, 11:56 AM »
A lot of fun being had right there!!  We always used 1 cup of yellow corn meal, 1 cup of flour, and enough dark Karo syrup to bind it together.  Throw the whole sticky ball in a Zip-Lok and you're ready to go.  Roll it into appropriate size bait balls as you need it.  Keeps well even unrefrigerated (don't leave it in a hot truck for days  ::) ) and carp love it.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Jun 25, 2019, 05:07 AM »
So, I made up some of the shredded wheat bait and went out Sunday morning. I chummed a bit with corn, peas and pieces of the wheat bait. Got two. Not huge but encouraging. They were porpoising all around me. Getting close to the spawn I'd say. With two rods out and fishing from the boat it was a Chinese fire drill trying to get the other rod out of the water.

Thinking of making some pack bait for chum from that mix. Maybe add some dried milk and corn meal. Some sweetener is probably a good idea too.

Love those carp!
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

greensider

« Reply #24 on: Jun 25, 2019, 05:06 PM »
We were covered up with jumping fish but got most bites when they seemed not to be jumping

big_guy_13021

« Reply #25 on: Jun 29, 2019, 08:30 AM »
I made some up gonna gonna give it a shot in the morning with the little guy and see what happens..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Jun 29, 2019, 12:18 PM »
They're in full spawn around here right now. It'll give me a chance to get some carp stuff organized.

Might take a look at the creek tomorrow morning.
Rg

greensider

« Reply #27 on: Jun 29, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Going to mew spot in Hudson River from shore in morning

greensider

« Reply #28 on: Jun 30, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Tough day today hit several spots in Columbia county not a fish went to spot we usually get them in dutchess county and again none something definitely was off today in the river we could not get a bit on worms either not even a perch

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Jun 30, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Tough day today hit several spots in Columbia county not a fish went to spot we usually get them in dutchess county and again none something definitely was off today in the river we could not get a bit on worms either not even a perch

Dutchess county like in Red oaks mills ,wappingers  creek and wappingers lake ? 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.