FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Time for Big Bass  (Read 975 times)

bigr

Time for Big Bass
« on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:28 AM »
Fished Friday at one of my favorite public lakes thinking I could get one last quick trip in before it gets to cold. This lake has public access but no ramp so I keep an old 14 ft jon boat up side down in the weeds with a set of paddles hidden in the weeds so I figured I had to go back and get my paddles anyway. Turned out to be one of the best days I've had in my life for big bass. 7.7-6.6-4.7 were my 3 biggest. Caught maybe 20 with no real small fish. 3/8 oz spinner fished slow over 3 to 10 foot of water. Don't expect big numbers but you can expect big fish. All the fish were super fat from the fall feed. Wasn't planning anymore trips til after deer season but with the forecast for later this week I might change my mind.

kesdadddy7597

Re: Time for Big Bass
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Sounds like a great day on the water!  Really good size for our northern lakes!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Great job bigr.
Been thinking with this warm weather, and no ducks around, need to get boat out. My old friend and I use to fish Pipestone Lake and Pawpaw Lake up by St Joe, Mi in the fall with 3/8 oz Chartruse spinners. Lots of quality fish in the pads. He's gone now as are many others. Great memories!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2020, 08:54 AM »
I know the feeling. Most my old fishing buddies are still around but have lost the their health and drive to chase fish anymore. I fish mostly alone now. I'm sure I catch more fish but the time spent with others doing what we love is worth giving up numbers. I'm lucky I have grandkids that are coming of age to go with me for the next few years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.