FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Okuma Convector or Diawa sealine  (Read 2977 times)

shark

Okuma Convector or Diawa sealine
« on: Apr 24, 2004, 06:12 AM »
Looking into some new trolling reels , anyone have any input on which ones they like best.

Thanks   ,Mark

eyedoktr

Re: Okuma Convector or Diawa sealine
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Mark, if you're looking for linecounters, by all means, spend the extra and go with the Daiwas. I know too many people that tried to save a few $$ , got the Okuma, Bass Pro, or any other brand, then ended up with thw Daiwa anyhow. If you don't plan on using them for huge fish, the Daiwa Accudepth should be fine and are a few $$ cheaper than the Sealine. I've had the Okuma reels lock up on me, the drag stop working and the linecounter not work right. For the tournament fishing I'm doing, I can't afford to have this happen.
Pete Lewis

Fish Stick

• Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2004, 12:30 PM »
My father has had 6 Sealines for about 20 years. Never one failure ever, at all.

They are a great product.

We have also had similar results with Penn levelwind reels.
If your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2004, 12:39 PM »
I have never used the Okuma reels mainly because I have never had a need.  The Diawa Sealines that I have give me no trouble at all with some of them pushing 20 years old.  I have both line counters and non and am very pleased with all 14. ( I believe that what I'm up to  :o )
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

shark

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2004, 02:13 PM »
Thanks for the info guys , I went to Gander today and bought a pair of Diawas. I know a couple charter Capts. and they have been using Sealines for years. I just wasnt sure of the Okumas.

Gander Mountain .........the toy store for grown ups.............Man I love that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.